1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

21 year old here from AUS

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by BeyondAesthetics, Jan 7, 2014.

1. BeyondAesthetics

BeyondAesthetics Fapstronaut

:D

Hey everybody nice to meet you! I am a 21 year old pharmacy student living in Australia.

I have started nofap because I believe (and have experienced before) the power of sexual transmutation.

I started fapping at the age of 13 and since then I know that It's one of my bad habits that I need to eliminate. I feel shamed and disgusted with myself when I fap, especially when I think about girls that I have liked in the past. It's like I can't look at them. I have a loving girlfriend and I want to give my attention to her fully (So No, I won't be doing hard mode).

I hardly ever drink, and have smoked maybe once in the past 6 weeks. I have given up a lot of bad habits. I want to fully eliminate all my bad habits one by one and replace them with good ones.

For example

Bad Habits
    - Spending too long on the Internet doing pointless things
    - Procrastinating studying for uni
    - Fapping
    - Waking up late
    - Not sleeping on my back
    - Giving up on Diet and exercise plan too soon and relapsing

Good Habits I'm trying to make
    - Not spending more than 3 hours on entertainment per day (TV, Internet, Gaming)
    - Studying for University every day and getting good grades
    - Read more books and improve my skills
    - Learn to be a proficient programmer and build a money making website
    - Stick to my diet and exercise plan and avoid junk food
    - Sleep on time (no electronic devices) and wake up at 6am-7am every day and get started on my daily tasks straight away
    - Be a better boyfriend to my lovely girlfriend

The thing that has helped me most is keeping a diary and instead of having a normal 'To-do' list, I simply write what I've done AFTER i have done it. And doing my hardest tasks first thing in the day helps. The longest I've gone without fapping is probably 14 days up until now. (It ended when I met my current gf) The NoFap until sex works! :p

I have experienced a lot of happiness and a boost of self confidence during my NoFap phases, and I think it's gonna be one of my hardest habits to break, But I hope I can have the support and inspiration of other fapstronauts to help me push on :)

2. -DS-

-DS- Fapstronaut

Good luck with your goals! Keep us posted on your progression ;)

3. BeyondAesthetics

BeyondAesthetics Fapstronaut

Thanks man, how is your journey going

4. DonJon

DonJon New Fapstronaut

You have really great goals, mine are very similar to yours - exercise, healthy eating, programming, love. Probably, the number one advice, which is also hardest to accomplish, is to avoid orgasm at all. As to why - I encourage you to have a look at Reuniting. I could also lend you Cupid's Poisoned Arrow, which goes into detail about what happens every time you orgasm.

The biggest problem of practicing sex without having orgasm is the way you and your partner are used to make sex. Unfortunately, nowadays most of us are used to having orgasm-oriented sex and few are willing to try and change this. Many people, especially women, don't see the point of skipping orgasm and would even require their partners to have an orgasm. If you happen to have sex with such a person, it's almost like edging, as you are doing regular sex/fapping, but you just suppress the moment of ejaculation, which is a pointless and even harmful exercise.

Nevertheless, there is plenty of information about the benefits of doing this (also known as Karezza), so if you are really resolved to reach your goals, I would suggest you have a look at the resources I mentioned above.

5. fapstronaut2bemended

fapstronaut2bemended Fapstronaut

You can do it! Stay focused, you got your head in the right places. Now its time to make the actions helping. I want to do the same exact thing your doing and I am in the same boat as you. We can make this happen together and we will. Stay positive and join us in becoming a fapstronaut!