I keep messing up.

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by nomore21, Feb 24, 2015.

1. nomore21

nomore21 New Fapstronaut

I am addicted. There is no doubt about it. I have relapsed and am struggling to get my footing again. What tips, tricks and overall advice do you have? I sure need some.

2. Lemonquack

Lemonquack Fapstronaut

Hi.
    Control your thoughts. Don't give the thoughts that lead to pmo a voice. Don't vocalize it in your mind. It's easier to ignore that way.

3. sir fappanot

sir fappanot Fapstronaut

First and formost bruh, this seems to be the process of most. Many many failures. So don't get discouraged.

The most I've ever made it was 22 days. Most of the other times not even breaking ten. Just restart. Restart. Restart.

Remember:
    1) You will learn from you mistakes, don't just shut away failure. Learn from it.

2) Learn your triggers.
    • for me, this took several failures to learn. I know to avoid internet scrolling at night, facebook, watching certain types of things, bring my phone to bed that kind of thing

3) MINIMIZE FAILURE. DON't JUST SAY FUCK IT AND GO ON A BINGE WATCHING SEVERAL VIDEOS
    • when you've caught yourself, damage control at that point. Two steps forward, one back. Not 3 back. A bad failure really can mess with your focus and psych.

4) Really think about why your doing this whole thing? What made you start? Why is it important you keep at it?

You got it man. Those are some not to well thought out dissjointed bits of advice, but hey, I'm not a linguistic master.

4. Johnisawe

Johnisawe Fapstronaut

I've discovered that listenly to provocative music that either talks about sex or implies sex gets me distracted and down the rabbit hole so I try to stay away from that.