1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there such a thing as too much eye contact?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 4, 2019.

1. The unspoken rule goes like this: The one who talks is supposed to be the one who occasionally breaks eye contact. It comes with gesticulation, while when listening there's no reason to look away.
    In my experience, when two people are comfortable together they can keep eye contact forever not even realizing it.
    The only reason eye contact can be uncomfortable is because you are not focused on the conversation, and there's second thoughts unrelated to the topic going on in the back of your mind, usually thoughts like: "is he/she realizing I feel uncomfortable/weird/weak/insecure/ugly?", and then you want to look away, because we know that the eyes are a window to the mind, and it's like: "please, don't pick through this window, I'm ashamed of what you'll see"...

CH3RRY, Jelarnik and Marsmaster like this.
  2. davidx

davidx Fapstronaut

I remember when I was in high school there was a girl in one of my classes who couldn’t keep eye contact with the teacher and they had been discussing something for part of the class. He realized she was uncomfortable making eye contact and he paused and asked her about it. She said she doesn’t feel comfortable looking people on the eye. He said OK try to make eye contact with me while we are talking. When you feel uncomfortable just focus more on my eyebrows than my eyes. Let me show you. He then spoke to her for several seconds and paused and said could you really tell that I was focusing on your eyebrows and between your eyes while I was talking to you? She said no and said OK you try it and she did. Just something I remember from when I went to high school back in the stone ages. I’ve used that truck a few times over the years and it seems to work pretty well. I’m not intimidated to look in peoples eyes - I just practice that sometimes to break up the eye contact and still be engaged.

Guess that doesn’t really fit in the “I’m fucking your soul category” but may be a less intense approach to eye contact with someone.

I’m honestly so charming and handsome that’s intimidating enough as it is to people. (And they can’t take their eyes off me anyway.) Lol!!

3. That was the day before she came and finally met Fernando to look into into his Angel eyes.