Has anybody on here successfully abstained from eating sweets for 90 days?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Thanatos, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Thanatos

Thanatos Fapstronaut

I've been having very intense sugar cravings lately... it's driving me nuts and I think it's related to no PMO. Actually my sugar cravings are way worse then my PMO cravings right now.
    I'm just wondering if anyone has successfully avoided eating unnatural sources of sugar for 90 days? What would the benefits of that be?

2. WalgettCz

WalgettCz Fapstronaut

hey man... fighting with the same thing :)...

actually drinking lot of water and good breakfast with low glycemic index is very helpful - cause it changes the whole metabolic process from the very beginning of the day.

Few tips:

1) Water with lemon is cool for detox and sometimes helps me fighting the sugar craves

2) Oat porridge or Bran Flakes with semi-milk at the morning are filled with good carbs and fibre... really... really filling until lunch... and it maintains low blood sugar during the early day - Try to breakfast regularly to see best results
    3) Throw the junk food away from your home... Really just do it - if you let it there or hide it you have no single flippin' excuse :)
    4) Make your shopping lists in responsible moods (like the one you are having when you write about your cravings)and shop just... but just according to them
    5) In shops, just don't go in the rows where sweet and processed shit are (you surely know which rows are these :)
    6) Tell your friends and family to support you... The more people you tell, the better - cause you make more binding promise to yourself with every single person (Cause in case of eating ton of candy, you will feel bad because you failed so many ppl)

Hope at least some of them are cool

Stay strong and fight it. Staying with you.

W.

PS: Sorry for straight-forward style of typing. I know it's agressive, but sometimes it takes all i have to fight some addictions - like this (in my case)

3. Protein

Protein Fapstronaut

I also crave for a lot more food to eat these days, absolutely linked to NoFap, because I always get hungry when I start to get a bit bored. I said to myself that when I have to eat something it should be not unhealthy, and I decided to just buy vegetables and fruit this week and eat them as raw as possible. Today I bought 3kg of Sweet Potatoes, sliced them into french fries type slices and poured some olive oil over it plus some spices, some time in oven and WOW before I will ever buy processed food again I just buy some of those SweetPotatoes and do them instead. (chose SP because it is propably the best vegetable ever)

4. WalgettCz

WalgettCz Fapstronaut

Sweet Potatoes are truly quite a thing!

Although being sweeter and ... actually tastier than regular Potatoes - They have lower Glycemic Index!

Batatas FTW :)

5. Mr. Sir

Mr. Sir Fapstronaut

The sweetest food I currently eat is fruit.

Unnatural food that is sweetened with corn syrup or sugar, or simply has a weak chemical structure (like cereal) has a high "glycemic index". You can look up glycemic index charts - they're all over the internet and list almost all foods. Basically that GI of a food can be predicted by the sugar to fiber ratio.

High sugar : low fiber = high glycemic (pineapple)
    Low/no sugar : high fiber = low glycemic (spinach)

A diet with low glycemic foods is good for the endocrine system (the hormones). Since you aren't consuming glucose in fast release form you have smaller insulin spikes. This causes your insulin receptors to increase their sensitivity. The less insulin required for a state of anabolism, the healthier you are and further you are from becoming diabetic.

An extreme example of this is Ketosis, a metabolic state where all carbs with a glycemic response are eleminated, leaving only green vegetables and select fruit (lemons, avocados...) in this state the insulin receptors become very sensitive. It is a common practice used by nutritionists for reversing insulin sensitivity (the onset of type 2 diebeties).

The one thing you'll undoubtedly experience by reducing the glycemic index of the foods you eat is clearer skin (if that is an issue).

6. OurLiP

OurLiP Fapstronaut

I'm currently 3 days into a no-junk food spree (With junk food being anything that a majority of the population considers to be it), so give me 87 days to reach that goal :cool:

Taking care of your body by exercising and eating healthy is known to vastly benefit how you feel and how you think, so doing both will aid everyone's nofap journey even more!