1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by BurningDesire, Mar 26, 2015.

1. BurningDesire

BurningDesire Fapstronaut

I'm a newbie here and had a question.

I'm starting my first Hard 90 and know that it would definitely not be a good idea to watch the new season of game of thrones this year. After a certain period of time do veteran Fapstronauts watch regular shows or movies.

Thanks,

2. BurningDesire, I'm by no means a veteran, but I can offer a little advice: Stay away from it. I just watched a movie called Mr. Nobody, with strong sexual content. I had to look away. I had my friend let me know when the sex scenes were over (there were two), as they were bringing up triggers and desires.

However, it's hard to give up a show you know you love, so I'd suggest go watch the first episode, and if you find yourself hard and getting triggered, shut it off, and wait until it comes out on DVD. :) And keep your hands out of your pants!

3. justcauseiamnot

justcauseiamnot Fapstronaut

ooh, game of thrones... I didn't think about that... shit!

hey! maybe its a good time to read the books instead? I heard they were better anyways and people that read the books are trashing game of thrones the show.

I also heard that they are making some upcoming season before the book has been released, which I didn't really look into that much but yea, maybe the books are better anyways?

4. Rectify

Rectify Fapstronaut

Ya, gotta avoid HBO and other premium shows sex scenes, they are basically softcore. I use to watch them after I did 90 days last spring. My libido was so strong and I started letting my desire lead me to real steamy romantic movies on Netflix, and seeking out shows on HBO and Cinemax with sex scenes. I was lying to myself, it led to me edging eventually.

Should have channelled the libido and desire to pursuing women. Once you've had a PMO problem, you should avoid sex scenes and all erotic media for quite sometime. For me, I would have to avoid it until I am in a relationship, with a woman I can devote myself to otherwise I will end up worshipping random women online.

Justcauseiamnot has a superb idea. I watched season 1 and had no idea wtf was going on haha, it's a great show too if you can follow it. Read the books first, then when you feel strong enough or have found 'a woman to hold you down' watch the show, it will be much more enjoyable.

5. Andrew0268

Andrew0268 Fapstronaut

Watch Game of Thrones with friends at their house.... by the time you get home the feelings should subside..... That's my experience.... Or watch it with your Girlfriend and when you get all riled up she will be the lucky recipient.

You shouldn't avoid life and a good show because of noFAP. But if it does make you vulnerable then it might be best to avoid it for a while... but don't cower just because you see a beautiful woman, you need to get beyond that... there are beautiful women everywhere. Are you never going to go to the beach again? Seeing girls in bikinis could set you off....

I understand why it would make you nervous but you also need to rise above this eventually. Sexuality is a part of life.

6. Limeaid

Limeaid Guest

My husband stopped watching GOT altogether. I think he was mostly concerned with how they are exploiting women/sexuality when the books are nothing like that. Of course it took him a while to figure this out, maybe after 6 months of nofap....basically his whole perspective changed.

7. BurningDesire

BurningDesire Fapstronaut

Thanks everyone this is very helpful.

I will avoid it definitely for my Hard 90.

I like the idea of reading the books as well.

Thanks,

8. Thanatos

Thanatos Fapstronaut

Eventually your mind can distinguish sexual stimuli, just be very aware when you watch about potential triggers!! and don't let yourself get caught up in a sexual fanatasy.(but it's ok to fantasize about dragons and shit :D.) Unless you were in the habit of fapping to game of thrones I don't think you should have a problem. If you were in that habit then definently stay away.

9. CountryDude

CountryDude Fapstronaut

The books are dirtier than the TV show.