1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Checking in

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by bigplatypus, Aug 5, 2019.

1. bigplatypus

bigplatypus Fapstronaut

Hello everyone,

I'm rejoining NoFap after a long time away from it, so I hope it's alright that I post here. I've been relying on substances and short term fixes, including PMO, to deal with boredom and mental discomfort, which has worked to an extent, but overall makes me feel depressed and unmotivated. I know it's not healthy for me and I shouldn't keep living my life this way, and I'm getting bored of mediocrity, so I need to make a change.

I'm going to start this process here with your support, just to get out of my comfort zone and see where it takes me. I would appreciate any advice, encouragement or direction you can offer. Hopefully rededicating myself to NoFap and self improvement will help set me on a better path.

Thanks for reading my introduction, and I'm looking forward to working with you guys!

leviosa and Deleted Account like this.
  2. Hello and welcome! :)

We are glad to have you as a part of our community. Here are some quick links to get you started.

Getting Started Guide | How to Use the NoFap Forums | Panic Button |Day Counter | Rebooting Resources|Forum Rules | Glossary

If you wish to keep a journal of your progress you can do so in the appropriate section found here

There are plenty of wonderful, friendly and knowledgeable people here to help you along on your journey to a life free of PMO. I wish you nothing but the best!

Deleted Account and bigplatypus like this.
  3. Welcome back to the community.

bigplatypus likes this.
  4. Varg

Varg Fapstronaut

Welcome back

Coffee Candy and bigplatypus like this.
  5. MilesRust

MilesRust Fapstronaut

How long do you think, you are gonna last this time?

bigplatypus likes this.
  6. Welcome back , you can make it this time hopefully:)

Coffee Candy and bigplatypus like this.
  7. bigplatypus

bigplatypus Fapstronaut

Idk man, but I think 30 days is a good starting goal, and we'll see if I can get to 90!

8. Hey, welcome BACK to the forum! nice to have you alongside us fighting the good fight! : )
    I strongly advise you to be active on your profile; start by choosing an avatar and then make daily posts to show you're active and needing support/encouragement. They've got a neat little feature that shows freshly posted statuses for all users to see. People will find your profile and give you
    encouragement/support.
    You should also highly consider creating a public journal (in the appropriate sectionfor you ) and write about your days in more depth for us members to follow along on your journey!

★ People love to communicate in the profiles section and also the journal section. We need more supportive people though, we could always use your help and in return receive some as well!

Last but not least: Good luck on your journey here, make sure to really give it a try with all your heart!

bigplatypus likes this.
  9. bigplatypus

bigplatypus Fapstronaut

Thanks for the tips, I'll definitely try those! Thank you for your support :)

leviosa and Coffee Candy like this.