1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Off to a good start

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by backwardsfork, Dec 10, 2019.

1. backwardsfork

backwardsfork New Fapstronaut

Hey guys, I've been meaning to get on here for a long time now. Finally came to terms with my PIED and addiction after a long time, and I need to better myself. I've tried to reboot/quit multiple times before, but I've never taken it too seriously until now.

I'm already up to 9 days, more than I've gone ever before and I'm really looking forward to seeing how this makes me feel in the long run.

Any tips to avoid relapsing towards the beginning of a reboot? I'm about to head into a period of time where I'm more susceptible to relapsing and I'm a bit worried.

2. Hi backwardsforwork, welcome to the forum and congrats on making it to 9 days. The first thing to do is to set yourself a clear target of what you want from a reboot. This doesn't have to just be PMO related but can be about other things in life as well. It can help you stay focused on the bigger picture.

To begin with you need to actively try to avoid the bad habits that trigger you into using PMO. Spend less time on your phone, don't spend time lying in bed etc. As a last line of defence consider installing web blockers. If you do feel urges, focus on building up good habits like exercise, cleaning, go out and be social, start a new hobby etc. Over time the good habits will replace the bad but you have to actively work towards that.

The other thing that has really helped me is to keep a journal on here. Write as much down as possible everyday about how you are feeling and how things are going. This helps you get your thoughts on order. If you comment on other peoples posts and journals they will be more likely to support you if you are struggling.

Good luck with you journey!