1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

IRAN CLAIMS RESPONSIBILITY FOR AIR CRASH

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Realistically, no we cannot. Idealisticly, it would be nice
    Facts

2. Ok

3. I was pretty drunk ln. Here's what my implication was (in a sober context). I'm referring to the ideology of libertarianism and not the political side of it. The government shouldn't have this much power, period.

What i was saying was that libertarianism believes in reduced government. & i believe in humanistic rights.

& there really isn't much libertarians can do politically (which I'm not in the libertarian political party) when theres this stupid game of cat & mouse between democrats and republicans. The Senate is this one party, the house is this other. Let's redo all the things done by this past political party president. People mostly blindly vote for the majority vote or the whatever party they align to, 99% to democrat or Republican.

So as far as "the solution is electing noninterventionists and those who put the needs of a country’s citizens first" it wont happen. that would be a libertarian. Especially in this day & age w the media subconsciously shifting everybody's mindsets.. forget about it. Democrats or republicans are gonna win.

Better to stay out of it and live your life until the day you die. Hope the best (or pray if thats your thing) for all victims. A dude getting murdered on the local news station or the 176 people on national news, but im supposed to break down for the 176 people? Or what about the murders you don't hear about on the news? They're everywhere. & why not treat all of these the same? Is it bc you heard about it on the radio & saw pictures? What about the dying single mother, whom youve never met, & her parent-less kid now goes into the orphanage? How about a innocent man falsely accused of rape getting murdered in prison and he didnt commit any crimes? What about the homeless man down a few blocks who died of hypothermia when nobody would help him? What about a woman in your town whom you don't know coming home from volunteering at a animal shelter and dies behind the wheel by a drunk driver?

They're all sad. Death (& murder) happen on a regular basis. Lets not pretend it's some rare instance. Why "brush off" only some of them?

4. Collect your emotions first and try again. On second thought, don't. I dont respond to cherrypickers bc i dont like repeating points

5. Then you should choose your words better.

CTRL + DEL likes this.
  6. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Yeah i don't think English is one of his strong points.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. I'll try to reiterate bc people seem to be missing my point. I wont even bring up that you're getting all your information from national news sources..

I'll say it again bc peoole dont seem to understand. It's sad. The 176 people dying, it's sad. Does it impact my life in such a way that I'm going to cry (for example)? No. Do i wish the families the best of luck? Yes! Do i understand the concept that it is sad? Yes.

Obviously its sad that innocent people died. But innocent people die everyday & in sometimes more horrific ways. & honestly i treat the 176 people dying the same regard as a stranger dying in the local news or word of mouth in the community. I say "goddamn.... that sucks, i hope his family is doing good and is gonna get through this alright. That's sad/disappointing." I dont break down hysterically or lock myself in my room drinking myself into oblivion. & im sorry, i dont think that makes me a bad person.

Now (like everybody else) I've had friends and family members who have died. & i dont say the same thing. There's more sadness to it bc i loved them. See, i actually knew who they were.

That being said, (imo) death isnt the end. In some way (that i nor humans can explain), its another chapter so to speak. It's a spiritual thing. Religious people might regard this as "heaven". But its slightly different, i cant explain it

8. My bad. I meant "i wasn't referring". That dude brought it up after the fact

9. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Reincarnation?
    Turning into energy and becoming one with the universe?
    I'm genuinely interested. I could learn something here.

10. You're not worth my time w your negativity. Go back to talking shit without @'ing me

11. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

All this salt. I could use some on my chips over here.

Damn.

12. I’m not religious, so to me you get one shot at life and if you die it’s game over. The only thing that gets left behind after a tragedy like this are broken people, time won’t heal these kind of wounds or give them anything back no matter how many years they try to heal themselves.

So while I may not know these people and I don’t let it ruin my life, I certainly understand severe sorrow surrounding death and I carry things such as these tragedies with me. It doesn’t matter if it’s 300 or just one person, it sucks when someone dies and I can feel their families pain to an extent.

Most people in this society of ours don’t value human life so much and are quick brush off death like “oh well that sucks”, without actually emphasising or even imagining what something like that would be like, I think the world could use a lot more of that.

CTRL + DEL likes this.
  13. I simply disagree. I'm not religious either but i wouldnt call it "game over". In some sense, its just a continuation. You dont have to agree w that though, im not asking you to either lol

& frankly, I'm afraid I've lost interest in the subject.

14. I always love how overpopulation comes up. It’s probably one of the most overused reasons for war other than religion. I also love how overpopulation arguments always paint mankind as just some kind of growing entity and that there is no ingenuity involved on mankind’s part to sustain their growing numbers. People have been bitching about over population when we were 2 billion and they’ll still be bitching about it when we get to 12 billion. And just think we’ll reach that with all of your contraception and abortions. It’s ironic that those who advocate for birth control neither believe in birth or control, lol.

Those who argue overpopulation also never mention the overconsumption and waste that occurs within humanity. IAmLegion though doesn’t want anyone to blame sin, since that’s not a legitimate excuse for humanity’s woes even though envy, anger, pride, sloth, greed and gluttony are all sins that contribute to a lot of issues at hand.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2020
    brilliantidiot likes this.
  15. I was stating why I personally value people’s lives more, because once someone is gone that’s literally it. Death is death though, so if you’re not religious I’m not sure how you can believe there’s simply anything else after you die.

16. There is a good point raised that even though humans have witnessed death around them,somehow they are still not conscious of their mortality. They think they will live here forever. Being conscious might make us a more sensible human being.

For me,I am sad that the people are gone but furious about the way they were killed. This is not the way at all.

17. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Do not misquote me.

You can blame an increase in global production of horse shit for all of mankind's problems and I won't care.

I just said to take the argument elsewhere, as you have done. You are free to believe in whatever you like.

18. Spirituality and religion are different things. Look up deism if you want further explanation. I believe 100% in god but im not religious

19. DWarrior

DWarrior Fapstronaut

LOL..
    That's what happens when your whole government is made out of a bunch of terrorists, and the citizens are getting brainwashed 24/7.

20. Specially when they was `Made In England` ones

lol what you just say Is `Reality` in iran!

[​IMG]

Attached Files: