1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How people can sense PMO

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Marvelgurl23, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Marvelgurl23

Marvelgurl23 Fapstronaut

This is gonna be a weird thread, but I feel like those of us who aren't aware or deep into it should know.
    *Warning*: Disturbing list so don't continue if not comfortable
    So I noticed a few signs and side effects among other fellow pmo addicts and myself when suffering with pmo. These are accounts I've observed from my own experience and reading other threads.

PMO side effects include:
    -Giving off a certain smell (kind of like a gym locker/sweaty/wet socks/not pleasant)
    [This could be purely from not bathing, but pmo can sometimes accelerate the deposit of dirt in your body and make you give off an odor that's not easy to wash off]
    -Thinning hair
    - Dry, dull skin
    -Dry Throat
    -Baggy eyes
    - Abnormally underweight (thinnish arms/legs)
    -Bloated appearance
    -Indigestion, constipation, and GERD
    -Overall look of droopiness (kind of like an Eyore attitude)
    -Poor back muscles AND posture
    -Possible asymmetrical features
    -Inflamed genital area
    -Basically a lot of signs of inflammation (reddish eyes, maybe even poor oral health, bleeding gums, weak bones, etc.)

I think the only recovery from it all is gaining back the weight, muscle, and nutrients that pmo kind of drains out of you. There are variations to how pmo can affect someone so if this doesn't resonate with you it might not make sense. Overall though, this is what I noticed.

goodnice 2.0 and Angus McGyver like this.
  2. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

Can confirm on the posture. I have had bad posture literally almost all my life. Some of it was inherited but since I started Ming before puberty and PMO'd off and on for 30 years I'm sure that played a big role. Only in the past year and a half when I've gotten serious about kicking PMO and have started rigorous workouts has my posture started coming into line. I can now stand up straight enough that my shirts finally hang right and it hurts to sit with bad posture whereas before the opposite had always been true.

Another thing... and this is really wack... for years and years my cars would pick up this gross gunk on the steering wheel where I gripped it. I'd have to wipe it down with rubbing alcohol every week and it kept coming back. I'm not totally clean yet (I O about once a month now, through M' ing but no P) but I realized a couple months ago the gunk is gone and hasn't come back. Now even in the midst of my worst PMOing I was always a very clean (I thought) person, showering at least once a day. But I have to think the PMOing was triggering my body to secrete some weird shit through my hands and now that I'm back in balance it's not happening anymore.

Davidphd1866 likes this.
  3. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

I can confirm many of the side-effects you mentioned above. When I have been off PMO for so long myself, I can today notice almost sense immediately other guys who do PMO. It's not only the somewhat unpleasant smell/odor and signs of anxiety and insecurity, it is aslo something about the aura and energy these people give off. During my PMO-days (over two years ago) I noticed the following side-effects (regarding physical traits) which can be confirmed when looking at old pictures as well:

-Glassy eyed look (like a common roach)
    -Tired looking eyes
    -Erratic, anxious and tense facial expressions
    -Paler looking skin
    -Narrower (and more rubber-like) facial shape
    -More malnourished and dead hair
    -Watery and bulky muscles (today, they are lean and slim)
    -Jerky and uncontrolled body movements.
    -Higher insulin-levels which is why I always felt hungry.
    -More problems with indigestion

And there were many more.

Davidphd1866 likes this.
  4. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

I also think it really affects your coordination. Ive always been unathletic and kind of a klutz but there was a time in the middle of a streak when this pretty valuable piece of electronic gear fell off a table and just as easy as anything I grabbed it out of midair. I was stunned I had actually done that and the chick I was with was pretty impressed too. While PMOing I might have gotten my hand on it but no way I was making the catch. Same with spilling food, running into things etc. It just messes up the whole way your body is wired to work.

5. Marvelgurl23

Marvelgurl23 Fapstronaut

Yes I agree to the common roach comment lol, don't we all feel that way. We just end up feeling like zombies to say the least and the world looks at you like your weak because of it.

Yea body coordination is a real one. I thought I was crazy, but I noticed I stopped dropping things left and right and being less clumsy when off the PMO. It just does something to your vision and natural movement of your joints.

6. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

Not only that but also how you react to those little accidents as they happen. Previously, I used to get mad or angry whenever I spilled any food or drinks in my lap or on my shirt but nowadays, I barely react to it as I stop for a moment and slow myself down before any emotions take over.
    If there is one thing big benefit that NoFap has given me, it is better control over my emotions, temper and mindset. It feels cool turning more into the icy-guy for every day that passes. It gives you huge a huge sense of control and self-control (plus respect and admiration from others) being icy in situations that usually make others bothered, frustrated and angry.

ares72 and Captain! like this.