1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is anxiety????

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Di.Do.555, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Di.Do.555

Di.Do.555 Fapstronaut

Guys i have asked this question before. I want more input.
    The first post has received plenty of replies and one of them led me to a great insight.

Not interested in links or text books. ( they are total bs)
    I want you to tell me : what is anxiety to you.
    Waiting for your replies.
    Thanks in advance.

2. j0rdi3

j0rdi3 Fapstronaut

I'll tell you what anxiety is to me. Anxiety is an evil but don't be fooled because anxiety can also be a tool and an indicator. If you're experiencing anxiety, you can be sure that something in your life is not in balance. I used to have panic attacks and feel anxiety for about a two year period; Now I never have anxiety and I never even think about it. There's something in your life you need to take care of. If you feel nervous about meeting new people; Go out and meet somebody new! If you feel uncomfortable in public go out and spend time in public until you feel comfortable in public! If there's something in your life that needs to be dealt with, go and FUCKING DEAL WITH IT. Fear is a buzzkill that hinders the call to adventure! Take one tiny perhaps almost insignificant part of your life and find a way to improve it; then export that same thing to other parts in your life and see how your entire life changes.. Master yourself so then you can move on to newer and better things!

That's how I took care of my anxiety.

Ps. One thing that really helped me was "Allowing myself to relax". Sounds stupid but it worked.

3. Di.Do.555

Di.Do.555 Fapstronaut

So u think that controlled exposure is the solution?

4. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

Anxiety for me is not having the minimal 80% self-confidence when you compare the situation with something you completely know. I have this when I take a step that's too big for me. But sometimes a man gotta do what he got to do ^.

Di.Do.555 likes this.
  5. Di.Do.555

Di.Do.555 Fapstronaut

That is true , at least that is what i believe it to be.
    Could you please elaborate?

6. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

I will try to explain it with an example.

I wanted to explore the world, so after five months of hard work I bought a ticket to South-East Asia. I didn't know anybody that could along so I decided I would go alone. How hard could it be? Well, I think I cried 5 hours on the plane and didn't enjoy my holiday one tiny bit at all. After 15 days, I cried out loud while skyping with my family. My nieces were in Japan, and I raced towards some faces which I knew regarding the price of plane tickets or whatever. From that moment, I could finally enjoy my holiday. I was able the share feelings, insights and thought/information.

After 80 days, my nieces left me and once again, I was alone. Except for this time, everything was completely fine. I still enjoyed new people, new experience and ect etc. Because I knew after 80 days, I had everything in me to handle new situations. '

So the first step I took was too big, I had to take a step back wich cost some time, money and etc, but only then I was able to make the step to where I wanted to be.

Di.Do.555 likes this.
  7. Di.Do.555

Di.Do.555 Fapstronaut

i am not talking about myself. i just want to understand anxiety more.

8. Di.Do.555

Di.Do.555 Fapstronaut

It is 90% psychological if not 100%.
    My understanding is pretty advanced but i am still puzzled by few issues. i will be writing a book about my findings.
    i would appreciate your input on the subject.

9. Perceived threat towards your survival in more than one sense of the word

10. Di.Do.555

Di.Do.555 Fapstronaut

Thanks. Could u please elaborate.

11. Anxiety is a perceived threat to you physically, mentally emotionally

Di.Do.555 likes this.