1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I wish I had a dog to keep me company during this lockdown.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Mistersofty, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

It’s just little old me in this house with no family or partner and nowhere to go. I think a dog would make my life a hell of a lot more bearable right now.

2. Hey man, it really feels tough, but surely their might be some solution. Check this link :
    https://www.lifehack.org/794675/good-friends

Coffee Candy and Mistersofty like this.
  3. ooft, me too, sooo bad. Landlord isn't budging on his policy... Considering sneaking in a quiet cat tho..

Master Chips and Mistersofty like this.
  4. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

Thank you so much for the helpful article! Somethings I’ve been meaning to do but haven’t yet found the courage. A lot of good ideas that I didn’t think of too. Sometimes I wish I was my parents age and could live in a retirement community. They have more friends now than they ever did!

Master Chips likes this.
  5. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

I’m in the same exact boat and actually thought about the cat thing too. My landlord was kind of a hard ass, but he passed a couple years back, so it’s just his wife now and she’s a sweet lady that I might be able to convince. Just haven’t built up the nerve to ask her yet.

6. Caveat Emptor

Caveat Emptor Distinguished Fapstronaut

Gmork and Master Chips like this.
  7. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

Master Chips likes this.
  8. Caveat Emptor

Caveat Emptor Distinguished Fapstronaut

That's a bummer. Sorry to hear that. :/

Master Chips and Mistersofty like this.
  9. for me I wish I had a cat and a garden full of flowers. omg and a fish tank!

10. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

Yeah, me too. I like cats as well. Always thought it would be cool to have a salt water fish aquarium.

11. MorgAnn

MorgAnn New Fapstronaut

What dog is best for a small apartment?

12. StonePlacidity

StonePlacidity Fapstronaut

13. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

I actually haven’t seen or spoken to her in awhile, so not yet.

14. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

There’s many dogs that would be good for a small apartment. Obviously a smaller dog would be better. You can read about them to see which ones are more active and need more space. I like cocker spaniels because I had them growing up.

15. tallguyinsf

tallguyinsf Fapstronaut

I'm in your same boat! And I actually put a deposit on a dog yesterday (he should arrive in about a month). I couldn't handle the loneliness. I'm getting a French Bulldog. They're great for apartment living.

16. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

Funny you say that because that’s the first dog that popped into my head when above poster asked about dogs for a small apartment. Those dogs are a riot! Expensive though.

17. Committed2change

Committed2change Fapstronaut

Hey man ..I'm in a similar situation ..I'm fence sitting on the dog thing as well .I think it would be a good way to keep me social and a good way to get exercise.

Why not go for a walk like your pretending you're walking your dog.ive been doing this for the last week and consistently getting my 6000 daily steps.

If you're a little bored during the Q check out the new Call of the Wild movie with Harrison Ford about a man and his dog. also I'd reccomend the Disney Plus movie Elephant ...spoiler though ...its about Elephants ...jokes ..stay strong brothers and if anyone wants any movie recvomenadations during q to pass the time hit me up. Were all in this together

18. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

Yeah, I’ve been doing the dog less walks all along. They definitely help. Thanks for the movie ideas. Actually I heard good things about “the call of the wild” and plan to see it. Stay strong brother.