1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling empty and lonely.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Hi guys.
    Struggled a bit with the title of the thread, but i think the one above best explains how I am feeling right now.

How do I overcome this feeling of emptiness?
    I feel lonely, growing up I had a decent amount of friends. Wasn't very popular in high school, but atleast I was active socially. Nowadays I have none. It feels like I am always trying to fit in, and if I am not then I am not actually pushing people away,I even check my phone frequently to see if maybe somebody has check up on me, but none, it feels pathetic, my only friend in college just graduated, and left me, there all alone. I don't have a girlfriend, Struggling to make friends. Or to fit in. I don't want to use pmo to fill this emptiness. What else can I do.

blacklabel92 and Tombrady234567 like this.
  2. freeforever92

freeforever92 New Fapstronaut

Yes it can be very tough, but think about all your positive qualities, and know that there is so much good about yourself.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Selix

Selix Fapstronaut

never try to fit in, you were born to stand out

you will attract the right people when you are free of this pmo mindset

try to learn a new language, go to a gym, use the emotional pain to fuel your progess

4. iHateThisCrap

iHateThisCrap Fapstronaut

Going to a gym is probably not the best advice right now bro... lol

5. Thanks I love the idea of learning a new language

engelman likes this.
  6. I
    Will check out the video. Thanks for the tips

7. What have you done to try and make friends ?

8. Tombrady234567

Tombrady234567 Fapstronaut

I feel your pain, man. Thanks for sharing. When you're in that dark place, it might not look like it but take it from a 38 year old: that shit will pass, too. And you will grow, you will come into your own and find the right environment to thrive in, find good friends and be at home. Just don't give in, stay the course. And be patient and kind to yourself. Stay strong, brother!

9. Thank you so much

10. You_ll_succed_for_sure

You_ll_succed_for_sure Fapstronaut

Friend, your thread remind me the old, old days of my life (8/9 years ago). As it said before, it will pass. Loneliness is good to discover who really you are, to think, reflect, etc. Now I'm happy to have this season in my life. It helped me to be "free" of something, it was great.

I encourage you to be brave in this season, and to read some books, shutdown the smartphone and have a good rebot.

I hope, it will help you. And I will see you in the Success Stories threads for your firsts 30 days.

matt2k12 and Deleted Account like this.
  11. S0geKing

S0geKing Fapstronaut

I was suffering through something and I came here to find anything that would lift me up, your post resembles exactly what I'm going through right now. I've also graduated recently, I don't have a girlfriend (I broke up a year and a half ago), finding a partner to share feelings isn't something I see happening anytime soon. Trying to maintain a streak becomes extremely difficult when this extra baggage of loneliness is to be carried along. Some days I get off well working productivity all day, but then another day, it hits me. I don't have anybody, watching others posts on social media adds to that hollowness and I indulge in just checking whatsapp again and again although I know nobody is going to check on me. I don't understand how to deal with this void, where nothing feels right about my social life.

12. Thank you

13. Thank you for the reply. I understand. We are on the same boat, you are also 23? So am I. Maybe it's just a season. It will pass.lets use this time we have to deal with other things in our lives like PMo addiction.

S0geKing likes this.

14. When you are in the working world, everybody is lonely, but nobody talks about it.

Nobody wants to hang out like during their youth.

The separation from people, once you get used to it, actually is a good thing.

This independence helps you become mentally strong.

Don't sit there in your room and feel pathetic right now.

Work the NoFap program, read things, go places, just live, and learn to be happy without people.

You are making a life transition right now, the same thing happened to me my senior year of college.

I was very isolated, I was lonely, my dorm was not a heavily travelled part of the campus.

I was with women once in a while, but on the whole I was lonely.

Don't look at this as your fault, because when you meet successful people in business,

they have the same problem 10 or 20 years after college.

It's just how it is. You aren't defective.

15. Wow, thank you so much it is actually true. Maybe it's a transition.

S0geKing likes this.
  16. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

Eat Alkaline foods, get at least 1 hour of excersise and 30 minutes of sunlight a day.

17. I am kind of in same shoes as you. Just trying to stay busy and find out what I want to do in my life.

Deleted Account and blacklabel92 like this.
  18. You_ll_succed_for_sure

Hahaha, sorry if I laugh, but it remember me a lot of things in the past, theses old days. Well, my dear one, it's ok. I recommand you to leave social media, because you will have the sensation of having nothing in life. Please have only what is necessery that is Telegram and What's app. Facebook, Insta and other will make you fail in PMO, and you'll feel bad because other people have life and not you. So for your sake, please, leave it. You have nothing to gain here. As I said before it's just a passage.

You are not alone, Jesus loves you.

S0geKing likes this.
  19. S0geKing

S0geKing Fapstronaut

Yes I was thinking about that. I have already quit facebook, (had a dummy account just to watch la liga though).
    I restrained myself to only access instagram through a browser, but sometimes we are so much into things that a simple thought like abstaining social media to avoid its deleterious effects didn't cross my mind. I'll block it in my firewall for some time now.

Thanks for replying, its a small effort but it sparks a fire for big changes sometimes.
    I think I talk too much though

20. You_ll_succed_for_sure

We are together, my dear. And you are free to talks.

The thing that I have learned with loniless is that: I'm not from the world. People may speak about x, or y, but... It's doesn't interesting us. We are not from this world, we are or something else, because we are unique.

I respect people, but when I see the crowd: it's like they don't have no personnality. But you, my friend if you are lonely: you may start to know who really you are. Be brave.

S0geKing likes this.