Bad skin during retention, why? Please advise me.

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by gemit23, Jun 14, 2020.

1. gemit23

gemit23 Fapstronaut

Hello. Today I was in day number 7 in semen retention streak. But i relapsed :(
    However, I noticed that my skin improved immediately after masturbation. She was no longer as red and irritated as when I used semen retention.

In my life I was four times in a series of over 30 days and every time I hold this sexual tension in myself and don't masturbate, I have problems with my complexion (face skin). My complexion during retention is ugly, irritated, red. I am very sad because of that, I feel bad. I regularly go to a dermatologist, the next visit is in a month, I regularly use vitamin PP and calcium in therapeutic doses, but when I am on SR, problems arise.

What do you think? Earlier, all my teenage years (currently I'm 23) I masturbated regularly (and always i had problems with skin, ehhh), when suddenly I stop doing so, most likely the hormones in my body become unregulated, maybe... Idk.

Most nofappers notice an improvement in the complexion during retention. It's different with me. I'm strange. It always has to be different for me than for other people, I'm sad because of that. What do you advise me?

Best regards from Poland and sorry for my bad english.

P.S my diet is really god. I don't eat fast-foods, sugar and i don't drink alcohol.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    Chris_Cactusblossom likes this.
  2. I know people who've had this when they quit smoking. I think it's because of the testosterone rebound in your system; it's like a second puberty. It calms down with time - 30 days probably just isn't long enough for your body to get things under control. Adult acne is a thing, but it's very rare. Try waiting longer, like 90 days, and see if it's still a problem.

gemit23 likes this.
  3. gemit23

gemit23 Fapstronaut

Thanks Man. My longest streak is 42-43 days and i had problem with skin during this.

I don't have with acne, i have problem with red and irriteted skin.

Chris_Cactusblossom likes this.
  4. Stragler

Stragler Fapstronaut

I’ve had problems with my skin as well during nofap but usually for me my skin starts to balance out around day 21. Also something that may help and has helped for me is drinking lots of water. I do intermittent fasting 16/8. So you only eat 8 hrs of the day. I eat from 12-8pm and then nothing after that except water. Lots of water. Both of these things together destroy inflammation in your body that can lead to acne/irritation.

5. gemit23

gemit23 Fapstronaut

@Stragler how much water are you drinking?
    And why are you starting eating on 12pm?
    Breakfast is most important meal in all day, so I think that the best is eating breakfast immediately after wake up.
    No more than 30 minutes after wake up.

6. Stragler

Stragler Fapstronaut

Correct breakfast is the most important meal of the day but eating it early in the morning is not. It’s only the most important meal of the day because it’s the first meal of the day. The meal that breaks the fast is critical because your body will use the nutrition more thoroughly then other meals because it hasn’t had anything in a while. The body breaks down the bad cells in your body after roughly 12-14 hrs of no food and uses the unneeded cells for energy through a process called autophagy. Look it up man it’s real stuff. Terry Crews is huge advocate of this stuff and he looks pretty healthy to me. He doesn’t start eating until 2 pm every day. Also I try to drink about 50 ounces of water before 11 pm each day and then drink when I’m thirsty throughout the rest of the day.

LoveIsAllWeNeed likes this.
  7. gemit23

gemit23 Fapstronaut

@Stragler thank you Man.
    But how much water are you drinking (in liters) every day?

8. glxryboy

glxryboy New Fapstronaut

I feel like you shouldn't worry about this as your hormones would regulate over time, ill say maybe around 90 days you will see an improvement to your skin

gemit23 likes this.