1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Goals and Rewards for Summer

An inclusive, safe space for LGBTQ folks on NoFap to gather to discuss recovery and life

1. LightWarrior123

LightWarrior123 New Fapstronaut

Hi y'all,

Screen name's LightWarrior123, but real name is Chris! Happy to be here.

For me, summer (especially while in lockdown) can be a huge trigger for relapsing. It naturally brings that mood or attitude of being on break and letting go. The downside, is I can let go too much, where I forget about my goals for No-PMO or NoFAP.

Wondering about two things: 1.) What are the activities you enjoy doing during the summer, that helps you stay connected and sober; and 2.) What rewards do you give yourself for accomplishing No-PMO goals? Connecting with friends? Going out to your favorite restaurant? Self-Care: treating yourself to a massage/facial? Buying a new furnished item for your home? Buying a houseplant that marks your success, and watch your success grow? Also, rewards don't have to cost money either. Going on a hike or a walk; spending time with animals; watching an uplifting or favorite movie, etc. Remember, self-care is connection to self, however that looks. Can be free and simple.

Also, how is your summer going, so far?

Cheers to your recovery,
    Chris

2. Tswizzle

Tswizzle Fapstronaut

Hello Chris
    I'm sorry that nobody has responded to you! I hope COVID19 hasn't dampened the spirits too much. It is indeed a very difficult time to be doing NoFap. I actually started NoFap right before I broke up with my ex almost 2 months ago. I relapsed after the breakup and started again and am going strong. This chapter in our lives is difficult, but it forces us to take a deep dive and battle our worst enemy... OUR SELF. Gasps in dramatic French. It's awesome though. We have a golden opportunity to get to know ourselves and become comfortable with our own company. It's a truly beautiful thing. Sorry I'm over here preaching. One thing that helps me connect, is gardening. Indoor or outdoor. There is no substitute for getting your hands in the soil and watching your plants take off. I have everything from vegetables to orchids. They keep me busy and it's so rewarding. I recently got all my orchids on a regular fertilizing schedule, and the differences are stunning. You mentioned houseplants. I always have the next thing that I plan to do with my plants in the back of my head. Propagation keeps me super busy too, always creating new plants off the old ones I already have. I also cook a lot. Cooking takes a lot of time (if you do it right) and it can be spiritual. How can it be spiritual you ask? I was cooking Sunday sauce and literally squishing tomatoes with my hands, and it might sound crazy, but I swear I felt my great great grandfather touch my hands through the sauce. Guiding me through the cooking process. It was beautiful. I find that cooking the same food of our ancestors, In my case Italian, Is a great way to connect with who you are and where you came from. Animals are great too! So therapeutic. My rewards are just feeling great and confident every day. I also love ice cream. I enjoy reading. I think every moment starts to become beautifully rewarding when you aren't filling your life with instant gratification. The pain and suffering that comes with plowing through urges, fasting, working out, getting off social media, creates a long term reward and peace of mind.
    Enjoy your detox mate!
    Cheers,
    T