1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

really struggling.

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by James-London, Jul 15, 2020.

1. James-London

James-London Fapstronaut

So I'm really annoyed with myself. I managed 4 straight days last month, and 5 straight days this month. However, for the last few days I have been on a PMO marathon and today I have done it about 3 or 4 times. So I'm feeling pretty depressed about it all.

So far I have just cut out the P and O, but I was still edging. Turns out that this feels like a great success but it is not really, as the dopamine is still going with edging. Also, it is a stressful experience as I'm constantly worrying about O.

People have said the only way to do this is by going hard mode - ie no PMO, including no edging. I am now feeling that they were right all along. :-/

watchitgo333 and Breakthrough23 like this.
  2. Musicmad

Musicmad Fapstronaut

It is generally accepted that the best start to live a PMO free life and get rid of any dysfunctions you may have developed (depending on your circumstance) is to quit all sexual outlets, including edging, for 90 days. Even going as far as not touching your penis at all except to wash and pee.
    If you are struggling to get a streak started try breaking your reboot up into smaller challenges - maybe shoot for 15 days first, then continue from there.

3. watchitgo333

watchitgo333 Fapstronaut

Keep working at it, that's my best suggestion. Just keep trying new things and see what works for you. This thing isn't easy but it's so worth it. Your not alone. We understand how frustrating and defeating it can feel, just dont give up. Tell yourself you can do this, because you can. I'm grateful that you shared your experience and your honesty. It reminds me of the times I've felt that way. Just keep getting back up and moving forward. Have some compassion for yourself.

4. HappyApplenPear

HappyApplenPear New Fapstronaut

I have made it probably a week now no PMO. Yesterday I did a dopamine fast and think that I will be doing them routinely from here on out. The dopamine fast worked as a "breath of fresh air" before diving back into the daily grind of hard mode. I just started this as a way to free myself from PMO addiction. If you are struggling with a longer streak, try a dopamine fast coupled with a 24 hour water fast (ingesting only water and nothing else for 24 hours). This gave me a second wind. Also from reading the list of things that other fapstronaughts do to "kill the urge," (i.e. cold showers, 20 pushups, working out) I have found ways to deal with the overwhelming urge to reset.

watchitgo333 likes this.
  5. It's not about a streak or an x amount of days. It's about the process of healing yourself, a real change in you. If are too focused on a streak you're going to end up failing. What are you doing wrong is the better question, and what mistakes will you fix as you go through this recovery.

So far you've done a good job in my book if you have just started this process. You are still edging however. This means you aren't taking this seriously enough. If you are edging that means you are still fantasizing. You are still in your dream world. This needs to stop. Your lust and urges control you. You need to learn to tame it. Be mindful. Practice meditation. Do things that will make you a better person. It will take time and patience but you can do it. Your lust and temptations will decrease the more you work on it. One day you'll be on top of it and feel like a king. Fantasy won't control you. You will be in control. All the best brother