1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

20 Year old, first streak longer than 7 days

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by ibedobedo, Jul 21, 2020.

1. ibedobedo

ibedobedo Fapstronaut

Hi Ive been reading threads on here for a few years, but this is my first post.
    Im just gonna write up my situation as it stands and any advice is appreciated. As the title says, since I started PMO regularly at 13 I havent had a break longer than 7 days. Im now on 13 days, so while its not that long, Its a massive achievement for me.
    Before this streak, I had been PMOing for 2 months straight, multiple times a day. I managed 7 days once and that was using things like exercise, cold showers (WHM Method), meditation etc. But this always felt like I was really trying to resist the urge and filling my time and energy up with other things. That worked but after 7 days I couldnt keep it up.
    This time it was different and completely unexpected. My ex who I havent spoken to in 5 years popped up and as soon as that happened I havent done PMO. We met up a couple of times and its back on. A couple of days ago she came over and I had no problem getting hard but as expected I found it hard to finish. I think it will be better next time though, gonna be patient. I know a girl is not a good reason to quit PMO, and I should do it for myself, because shes not always going to be there. But I still find it incredible the amount of willpower her reappearing as given me.
    I do sort of regret things moving so fast with her. I say shes my ex and she is, but after 5 years (we were 15), we're different people. So it sort of feels like a new relationship, but with a lot of old history and a very deep intangible connection I think we have. Back in the day I looked at her as my way to lose my virginity and get some experience, and she wanted a proper relationship with me. Im not sure, but I feel we've kind of switched perspectives.
    So i suppose Im looking at this situation as not a permanent fix, but a sort of catalyst which got me out of a rut ive been in. The physical urges are building everyday, but I feel no inclination at the moment to do anything about them myself, which is different from before.
    I unfortunately smoke weed everyday and am pretty addicted to it, so thats the next thing i have to work on stopping too. Smoking weed is something I associate with my PMO addiction too, I would always combine them. Thats my main motivation to stop smoking, because it makes my urges worse.

2. Proud of you dude, and welcome to NoFap.

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  3. Welcome to NoFap. You're doing a good job so far and great work on 13 days. It will take time and effort but will be worth it in the end. All the best to you brother

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  4. One Eyed Owl

One Eyed Owl Distinguished Fapstronaut