1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dark Triad Results

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Hi ^^

For those who don't know what the Dark Triad is, and are interested in finding out, here is an article which might help.

Just to clarify, this thread isn't about what you think about the Dark Triad's reliability or it's credibility in general. Take that discussion elsewhere.

I'm more interested in how accurate you think this test's results are relative to your perceived self-image, especially since this is an established test for personality analysis in modern psychology, although it is rarely used outside of criminal profiling.

Here is a test which you can do online, although a quick Google Search will reveal multiple other sites giving their own versions of the test. They are more or less all the same so it really doesn't matter which one you do. For the sake of standardizing our results, I'd prefer if you pick this link, but you are free to choose another link instead.

If you're as curious as me, I'd be happy if you gave it a try and give your view on what your results were (optional) and how accurate you think they were.

Note to the all, especially mods:
    1. This is NOT going to serve as research material. It is just for my casual understanding.
    2. I am NOT affiliated with the website I have linked for the test in ANY way. As stated before, other alternatives can be used.

2. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Okay, so here's how I ranked:

Narcissism - score 1.3 - percentile 7
    Machiavellianism - score 0.9 - percentile 3
    Psychopaty - score 0.9 - percentile 3

I'm not sure if I understand what the percentile thingy means. So only 7% of people are more narcissistic or less narcissistic than me? Or did I get it completely wrong? I don't get it.

So anyways here's how I see my relation to the listed characteristics:
    Narcissism: This one is mixed. I do have high thoughts about myself, but I do also have a lot of thoughts about me being inferior human being. I think I have overall a low self esteem. I wouldn't say that I'm a narcissist.
    Machiavellianism: As far as I've understood the philosophy of Machiavelli, I really don't buy into it. I think it's in everyone's best interest to do as much good as possible and I have a very strong sense of morality. I don't think it's worth being powerful and succesful if you lose your values in the process.
    Psychopaty: I don't even kill goddamn flies. I think I have quite enough empathy and thus I think it's safe to conclude that I'm not a psychopat.

3. It means you scored very low in all three.

4. I just took the test and scored at 51% for Machiavellianism, but question-statements like "Most people can be easily manipulated" are bullshit. If I say I think most people *can* be manipulated easily, the survey will mark me up on Machiavellianism. It doesn't mean I'm right, or that I know from experience. Also, if my answer is "Yes, I think that a skilled manipulator could manipulate anyone at least once, and in practice people manipulate each other from dawn till dusk, mostly without even knowing it, but I personally try hard not to be manipulative," then how can that be funneled down into the "agree-disagree" scale?

5. @ShadyPerson thank you for your reply. :)

Basically, each of the 3 characteristics is scored out of 4, so your scores can be interpreted as follows:

Narcissism- 1.3/4
    Machiavellianism- 0.9/4
    Psychopathy- 0.9/4

Also, your percentile is indicative of how many people achieved your result. 3% means that 97% of the people who gave that test have a higher rating in that category than you do.

Thank you. Your insight is appreciated. :)

6. On the other hand, I scored quite low on Narcissism, which comes as a surprise. Although I think I'm more a codep type. I think if you often wonder if you're the narcissist in a dynamic, even though this is superficially a preoccupation with self, the chances are you're not. Mostly because you're showing self-reflection, and are concerned with relational dynamics.

7. That's not how it works. It can increment or decrease more than one category. Also, certain results have different outcomes when paired up with another particular answer. The more such associations are established within a test, the more accurate it will be. This is what we are trying to determine here, after all.

8. Guess I might as well as share my results.

In the original test:
    Narcissism- 3.4/4 [84th percentile]
    Machiavellianism- 3.6/4 [88th percentile]
    Psychopathy- 3.3/4 [78th percentile]

In the link submitted above:

Light Triad:
    Faith in Humanity- 25% [36.2% lower than avg]
    Humanism- 62.5% [11.4% lower than avg]
    Kantianism- 62.5% [12.4% lower than avg]

Dark Triad:
    Narcissism- 75% [31.2% above avg]
    Machiavellianism- 95% [57.75% above avg]
    Psychopathy- 70% [36.25% above avg]

I can't say that I'm surprised by any of this. I would have placed my psychopathy a bit lower, mainly because I actually do possess significant empathetic skill, but I guess it can't offset all the other evil stuff going on.

20200806_013211.jpg

It's a bit funny because I get similar marks in my uni.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2020
    Ershed likes this.
  9. Narcissism is literally at the 0th percentile. I didn't even know this was possible. Wow.
    And here I am at 84%. Christ.

10. I really wonder how life is for someone like you. (Don't mean to sound judgemental or condescending in any way although ik that won't affect you. Just pointing out my inability to analyze such an extreme.)

11. Yeah, no shit. I had you down as a psychopath. I mean that literally: your status posts are chilling and they were haunting me the other day. It disturbs me to know you'll take that as a compliment, too, although it's reassuring to see my intuition validated in this way.

Also, cognitive empathy's not the same thing as emotional empathy; psychopaths use cognitive empathy to manipulate their victims. (I actually just typed 'your victims' by mistake).

Normally I'd have misgivings about typing this kind of thing, in case they hurt someone's feelings, but in this case all I'm worried about is the lengths you'd go to to exact revenge for the perceived slight. But probably you're too deluded to be stung by anything anyone says.

If I'd realised this was your thread, I wouldn't have posted. I'm going back to ignoring your content now. Have a nice life, I suppose?

Sosuke Aizen likes this.
  12. I'm not even gonna bother.

Thanks for sharing your results and that link though. I do appreciate it. You helped me out.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2020
  13. I sincerely believe you can mitigate any of these traits if you put your mind to it.

Think about something nobody else here ever will have the capacity to- why do you think a narcissist like me made that fact so obvious? So that I would face backlash from fear and disgust. This would force me to face such behavior every day and train myself better to both read human behavior and shirk it off like nothing ever happened. It's because I dare to put myself in the line of fire because this opportunity never happens in real life- mainly because I neutralise people before they can even think about acting on their fear and rage.

Trust me- you can do it, but only if you believe in yourself. This is a forum for self-improvement, something which only comes at the cost of comfort. The sad thing is that I am already used to the criticism. I guess I'll need to try something else then.

Just some advice from me to a nihilist. Don't sell yourself short. I really do believe in you. Please take any further discussion between us to my inbox because people will begin to misinterpret my intentions from this point.

Good luck.

14. mr.incognito

mr.incognito Fapstronaut

Narcissism............ 2.2, 26 percentile
    machiavellianism.... 2.1, 23 percentile
    psychopathy.......... 1.8, 15 percentile

Sosuke Aizen likes this.
  15. Much appreciated.

16. Der Drachenkönig

Der Drachenkönig Fapstronaut

Well, my results are as follow:
    Trait Score Percentile

Narcissism 2.2

Narcissism is an egotistical preoccupation with self. [more]
    Machiavellianism 3.4

Machiavellianism is a tendency to be manipulative and deceitful. [more]
    Psychopathy 2

Psychopathy reflects shallow emotional responses. [more]
    This is somewhat accurate.

Narcissism: Very true, i am quite the narcisisst i've always known that.
    Machiavellianism: Well, sometimes you have to do what you have to do in order to achieve results, and sometimes to survive, i admit to have lied and schemed more than once. It's not something i take pride in, but i've done what i had to do. However i haven't done anything that may land me in prison, and i really don't think i will.
    Psychopathy: This one is touchy. On one hand i admit i love nature, i love animals and this world, humans not so much, with the only exception being children, i get along well with them and have a cheerful disposition. When it comes to the rest well, polite as i may be i simply can't bond with people, i've only done so with a handful. I can be very insensitive and uncaring when it comes to the large number of people i don't have any empathy or care for. On the off chance someone manages to get in my circle, that person will have my unwavering loyalty and trust.

Sosuke Aizen likes this.
  17. Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it :)

18. Jamis Bill

Jamis Bill New Fapstronaut

The test is not accurate, my results

Mac: 3.2
    Nar: 4.2
    Psy: 4.9

Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
  19. Leanmaxxing

Leanmaxxing Fapstronaut

Machiavellianism: 4.8
    Narcissism: 2.9
    Psychopathy: 2.7