Bored

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Is anyone else just sitting in there house bored. I try to read often and workout in my backyard which usually takes up about 3-4 hours a day. The rest of the time I’m just watching Netflix or eating. I find it boring just being in the house all day. Sometimes I go out but there’s not much to do outside, so I just stay indoors. I’m doing great in NoFap 1 Month so far, but I fear that an urge could sneak up any day during this journey. I don’t know. If you guys got some ideas lmk, or if you can relate lmk too.

2. You pretty much described me these days lol
    I'm a med student and my exams were just announced to be 40 days away from today so I'm going to be back to focus from tomorrow because there is quite a lot to prep.

I suggest that you set certain goals for yourself to achieve. Nothing moves a man's will like a deadline in my opinion. You're my age so I assume you're in a university or work. There's a lot of scope for improvement in either scenario.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. TimeToQuitNow

TimeToQuitNow Fapstronaut

Yea this happens to me. Especially now with the COVID-19 shutdowns. It is good you started reading. Productive habits are good. Try to lower the Netflix times. I've made a rule to myself that I don't watch any until a certain time of the day. That forces me to do other things. Congrats on the 1 month!

4. Bethelightinmyheart

Bethelightinmyheart Fapstronaut

Well, bored, yes, for several years now. That aint anything new, but I feel more comfortable and accepting of being bored and being boring. It is just a result of living by myself for too long and suffering from PTSD-C for many years. I still overthing and overanalyze everything in my mind.

But best "cure" probably just letting go of the self-consciousness causing you/me/anyone to even bother with putting that label on yourself in the first place, you are just you and the only one who can appreciate time best spent is you.

Mo1989 and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Bethelightinmyheart

Well, bored, yes, for several years now. That aint anything new, but I feel more comfortable and accepting of being bored and being boring. It is just a result of living by myself for too long and suffering from PTSD-C for many years. I still overthing and overanalyze everything in my mind.

But best "cure" probably just letting go of the self-consciousness causing you/me/anyone to even bother with putting that label on yourself in the first place, you are just you and the only one who can appreciate time best spent is you.

intso likes this.
  6. levent722

levent722 Fapstronaut

Yes brother. It can get boring during this crisis.

7. Bethelightinmyheart

Most boring year since ever ;)

8. hannhann

hannhann Fapstronaut

I see your point. With NoFap I feel more connected to others and I long to meet friends or dating girls (even during the flatlines). I usually try to get through the moments of loneliness (before I masturbated then) and try to either do something productive or meet others

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. Mo1989

Mo1989 Fapstronaut

What is the relation between boredom and nofap ?

10. Bethelightinmyheart

There is no generic modell for explaining that since boredom is so widespread and contextual; I mean you are bored at woek but you can't go jerk off all the time yet being bored at home and not having a job to go to in the first place is optimal as fertile soil for fapping and P if you are prone for these behaviours.

11. I've grown into the habit of avoiding boredom at all costs, by either watching YouTube all day, or playing video games all day. Recently, jerking off was also on this list. Having had this experience, I think it's preferable to let yourself be bored instead of wasting time.

TimeToQuitNow likes this.
  12. TimeToQuitNow

TimeToQuitNow Fapstronaut

So then what do you do when you get bored now?

13. I still usually make the wrong decision by staying on the internet. But lately I've been trying to have moments of silence where I turn off the monitor and just sit and think. I find it therapeutic. Usually after a few minutes of that I get the desire to do something productive. It helps.

Also meditation.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  14. You can try meditation if you want, or find a job.

Boredom sucks yes, but I learned that the more you fight it, the worse it gets. So embrace it and be content with doing nothing. Don't necessarily search for something to do, at least not all the time of course. We constantly seek for stimulus cause we are addicted to it. Just relax man, and enjoy.

Mo1989 and Deleted Account like this.
  15. n7elite30

n7elite30 Fapstronaut

This is literally me today. There are plenty of things I can do, many of which are even useful and productive, but I don't feel motivated to buckle down and focus on them for some reason. I need to apply for jobs but, whenever I sit down to do it, all my good intentions immediately die out. Today is especially bad because I've been fighting off a near-constant craving due to loneliness. It reeeeeeally sucks. Making sure I had enough to eat helped and I queued up a Let's Play on YouTube to have some background noise. The sheer silence of being alone at home was only making the boredom that much worse.

16. I'm not bored but being in this damn routine all year because of covid has increased my cravings significantly. Very close to a relapse and it would be a waste of a streak... Every day is ground hog day...

1. Wake up late and lay in bed late watching YouTube because of depression, unemployment and loneliness
    2. Breakfast and shower
    3. Programming/job search
    4. Dinner
    5. Videogames/Netflix etc...
    6. Stay up late watching YouTube

Repeat

Talking to a few girls on dating apps the consensus is much the same. Hardly anyone is going out, no dates this year nothing is happening. There is one girl who might be interested but she's going on holiday for 1 month then has to quarantine for 14 days when she gets back. So assuming the interest does not die thats a 2-3 month wait for a first date... Might have relapsed by then.... Damn this covid.........

n7elite30 and Deleted Account like this.
  17. Mo1989

Mo1989 Fapstronaut

Hey, how old is your PMO habit ? How long are you trying to give it up ?

18. Since I was a kid maybe 12 years old. It sucks I have friends from back in the day who already have their own families now. And they probably think i'm a weirdo because i'm still trying to figure out how to get a girlfriend... It's embarrassing in fact one of my old friends even laughed and joked as he told me that I was doing it wrong... Like there is some secret manual to getting a girlfriend that everyone knows about but me...

19. Mo1989

Mo1989 Fapstronaut

I believe there is not any secret manual or recipe for finding a girl-friend but to increase the chances of finding one, one needs to meet more girls, which currently isn't possible. also being alone is perfectly fine till you start feeling loneliness which needs a remedy there is difference one should know and understand. Believing in yourself is important to make sense of life patterns and individuality traits. You never get old.