Father drinking problem.... need suggestions....

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by r8js, Aug 29, 2020.

1. r8js

r8js Fapstronaut

Father drunking alcohol problem.....needs suggestions....

he is 65yr. he used to be body builder in young age. he has strong body.

but he addicted to smoking and drinking a lot.

he just start fighting on road with strangers.
    he start cursing people on road without reason.
    two times police has warned me about him.
    he is too loud when talking anything.

his day start with drinking.

I donot understand want else to say.

suggest something......

cuffmecrimson likes this.
  2. Disulfiram. He will get extremely nauseous and throw up a lot if he drinks alcohol after taking this. It's a brutal thing to recommend, but it works, if given.

Ask a doctor before you give him this, especially since it reacts with some common medications. I am sorry to say but if your dad is 65 and still doesn't recognize the dangers of his alcohol addiction, then it's a tough road ahead for your family. Do not relent. It's either him or you.

Ghost in the Shell likes this.
  3. cuffmecrimson

cuffmecrimson Fapstronaut

When my mother was in her alcoholic prime, one of the hardest things I did was stand up to her and tell her I wouldn’t live with her anymore until she sobered up.

my situation was probably a lot different, I was 13 and you sound older, but my point is that alcoholics often don’t realize how much their decisions affect others until someone they love says “no more”. Maybe you need to have that conversation with him and it will open his eyes

4. ThePeakWae

ThePeakWae Fapstronaut

My dad used to smoke til his 60s, til he realized the air was starting to be nauseous to breath, over 5 years later and he was put on hospital, case he was almost having a Aorta infarction.

If he doesnt fix his addictions til his 70s he´ll risk dying, pure and simple, once you are out of prime, you should be forbidden to smoke and drink alcohol it will have over 1000+ ways from sunday to kill you.