First cold shower!!

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Supercanadian, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Supercanadian

Supercanadian Fapstronaut

First real cold shower, before i only once tried warm and turning it colder little by little.

Finnally I decided to just put it on cold all the way and step in, feet first, legs, hands arms. Then i stepped right under turned around so the cold water went right down my spine. My head under water.

Breath taking. I feel so alert now. What a rush that was. I will do the same thing every day now and go up to five minutes. Oh and I sure dont feel like fapping!

2. Soul Cage

Soul Cage Fapstronaut

Hmmmm, my day off today, sitting around in the dressing gown on the laptop, a dangerous situation to be in. You have inspired me, I might just go have a cold shower now, see what it's all about. Thank you.

Will let you know how it goes.

3. Soul Cage

Soul Cage Fapstronaut

Well, that was pretty horrible to say the least, however I don't feel like touching myself anymore. Started lukewarm and then slowly turned it cold, quite an emotional shower, hah! exhilarated at first, then felt pretty angry for some reason, then felt sorry for myself.

Quickest shower I've ever had though, sure can fit a lot more into my day now. I wonder if my wife will notice if I start to take a lot less time in the shower....

I think this is good even as a strategy throughout the day to deal with urges, I have begun this already, just go to the bathroom sink, pull back the foreskin (if you have any) and in whatever way you like just absolutely douse your penis from the cold tap, it's the least erotic sensation I think I've ever experienced, dry it off briefly, put it back in your pants and carry on with your day, do this as many times as necessary.

Thanks for this thread.

4. aron

aron Fapstronaut

I am a huge fan of cold showers, as I have encouraged people repeatedly to do it. I would say that cold showers, WITH the head under the stream of cold water, is the only way, so far, to kill any sexual urges. Anything else, is just moving your attention to something else, and in time, hope that your brain will forget about the urges. The problem with that is if the new activity is not engaging enough, your mind will still linger on the sexual desires. The cold shower is a guaranteed to kill any feelings.

Gwynne, your idea is not bad, I will try it sometimes. Thanks for the tip.

5. nofapperinoz

nofapperinoz Fapstronaut

I had one this morning as well. Well as cold a shower as you can have in the middle of summer in Australia! Found it refreshing, and as the shower has at times been a favourite place to MO it certainly kills any urge you might have.

Even after five days on no PMO I've found I'm nowhere near as jumpy and over-reacting to everything, feeling very calm but thinking it could be the calm before the storm as I'm aware it's not all going to be easy. I think five days is the longest I've abstained for at least 7-8 years, and I'm pretty sure I haven't gone a week without PMO for a lot more than 20 years. Uncharted territory here, but I'm glad I've got some fellow explorers to call upon :)

6. asian-adventurer

asian-adventurer Fapstronaut

I've been taking cold showers for more than a year. I started doing it when I found out I was paying too much for the heating system, and I read from a book the benefits of cold shower. I didn't know it was good for NoFap too. Some good results I got are, I spend only a little time for shower (I used to shower for around 30 minutes, now it's only 5 minutes) and I save money spent on hot water.

7. Supercanadian

Supercanadian Fapstronaut

When the cold water sends that chill down your body, dont think how much it sucks, just think YEAH!! This is awesome! Fuck yeah!! And the cold shower will intensify how you feel about it.

8. asian-adventurer

asian-adventurer Fapstronaut

When you get used to it, it will be a normal part of life.

Getting used to cold showers may take some time, courage, patience, and determination.
    And it may not be for everyone as it may not be good for people who have certain health problems.

For healthy people, I believe cold showers offer a lot of benefits.

9. Soul Cage

Soul Cage Fapstronaut

Getting more and more interested in cold showers now from these posts, can't wait for the next one now, bring it.

10. fedex575

fedex575 New Fapstronaut

Saving time and killing the desire to fap...two birds in one cold shower. Will absolutely try to make this a habit.

A nofab newbie here. Currently on day 4. I sit in an office room all day with a damn good internet connection. Perfect recipe for relapse. But thanks to your post, all I can think about is that chill down my spine when I take that shower.

11. StarKing

StarKing Guest

You have discovered a vital tool to use in NoFap! Use it well

12. azim

azim Fapstronaut

Unfortunately, it is impossible for me to practise cold shower since in my country the temperature is around 20-30 degree celcius. unless I use water-cooler for bath..