1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Sadness and loneliness- advice needed!

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Oct 19, 2020.

1. I often times I get very lonely and feel sad because I am single. I get short and intense crying spells at night every couple months. It sorta feels good letting emotions out. I find eating a snack or drinking water can help. The main issue is getting myself out of bed to do that. How should I approach this issue? Thanks

2. Venu Bobby

Venu Bobby Fapstronaut

Being single does not mean that you must be sad and crying all the time, but it was just the moments you find yourself in the way no others do. If you are thinking about being in a relation makes you happy find your partner either directly or in online but don't feel sad to be single till you get your partner. Meanwhile by being single make good friends and good habits and hobbies and explore the world and your life and be confident in achieving your goals. Even you can try learning new things and skills in the meanwhile which makes you a better one than before. All d best.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Selix

Selix Fapstronaut

first of all there is nothing wrong in being single... see your loneliness and sadness as part of a process... as weakness leaving the body and there is really nothing wrong in feeling down, sad and lonely

then work on your confidence... hit at least 300 days of nofap confidence will be part of your normal life

during that time create yourself new... like new haircut new clothing style that fits you and your identity

pick up hobbies that change you for the better

you are a man under construction and it will take time but you'll get there eventually

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Metis07

Metis07 Fapstronaut

It’s wrong thinking that if you had a girlfriend/wife, it would have changed your life for better (it can also change your life for worse actually, lol). Believe me, try to accept your current situation and find things for which you are thankful (I think there are a lot, you see, can write and read in English for example).

If not, you will worry and feel unsatisfied all the time, it becomes a habit - I will be happy when I will have a girlfriend, I will be happy when I will have children - I will be happy when I will be single again... etc.

Dude, when I just start to feel lonely, I remember girls with whom we go separately and I am so thankful to God for it.

Just try to value what you have and work on your goals (relationship, work, health...) little by little, and enjoy the process.

Deshtak likes this.
  5. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

Very wise reflection.

Somehow community (with one or many people) always seems appealing until one gets too much of it; then, solitude looks like the enviable advocation. The grass is always greener on the other side, as they say. Given the perspective that one may have an involuntary period of solitude, one should make the best of it - become the type of man - in virtue and character and free from addiction - that you will want to be when you do meet that girl one day, who may eventually become your wife. During such periods, a girl often finds you when you are growing in personal integrity and freedom and not even trying to find a partner at that particular moment. Also, in this way, the relationship will be built upon a sure and strong foundation, and not upon brokenness, neediness, and codependency, which are only sure conditions for failure.

Deleted Account, Deshtak and Metis07 like this.
  6. Thank you guys! I am working on acceptance of myself and situation. I'm trying to meditate more and exercise like I used to b4 corona. I will work on myself until I am free from pmo, then it'll be better to look for a relationship. I am struggling with relapse but that's just part of the process I guess. I have been more productive the days without pmo and calm.