1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Orderly masculinity?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

I don't know where to start.

Firstly, the representation of chaos as feminine and order as masculine is purely symbolic as denoted by many cultures across the world. Dr Jordan Peterson simply pointed this out and showed how this concept manifest itself in human psychology.

This does not mean that men are inherently ordered while women are chaotic.

Secondly, the symbolism is meant to be used a tool to transform your life and aim towards constant self improvement. This does not mean order will automatically lead to overnight transformation. It's just a start.

Lastly, I'd suggest you look at Peterson's biblical lectures with an open mind and no expectations.

Venkat19 and Deleted Account like this.
  2. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Women's rooms more tidy lmao
    Stop your stereotypes please....is hurting me eyes...

Both sexes have chaotic and orderly elements indeed, as in yin-yang, stillness-movement, negative-positive, night-day, femenine-masculine, men tend are usually more yang, and struggle with their yin side, women are more yin, and struggle with their yang side, but that doesn't mean that humans men or women, are chaotic or orderly, as we are a conflux of both forces.

Violence belongs to both, your definition of chaos is not even clear to me to agree or refute the point, I don't know why you try to associate masculinity, as the tendency to violence itself, well, I can think of many current ideologies trying to do that but I'd hope you are not prey of them.

3. There is this thing in psychoanalysis called sublimation: we can redirect the energy of primal urges like sex and aggression into more complex activities. Maybe a scientist writing an essay debunking his rival's argument subconsciously thinks of it as killing him on a battlefield.

4. Actually the most male-dominated cultures are also most violent. Saudi Arabia is about as patriarchal as it's possible, and it has a very brutal penal code, not to mention supporting al-Qaeda and ISIS terrorists. Macho cultures of South America have their drug cartels. On the other hand Sweden is not exactly a matriarchy, but nevertheless a place where women have a big deal of influence. It is remarkably peaceful. Most violent crime in Sweden is commited by migrants from Islamic patriarchal countries.

5. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Corelation is not causation.

Venkat19 likes this.
  6. Peterson is a clown who gets far more attention than he deserves. That "Dr" before name is hilarious too.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

Why is it hilarious? He earned his PhD, published over a hundred of peer reviewed articles, and had a clinical practice that helped save the lives of real people. What's hilarious about this?

Why is he a clown?

IR254 and Steppingintotheunkown like this.
  8. ThePeakWae

ThePeakWae Fapstronaut

You can thank the SJWdiots and their rules for that, they made their own archnemesis how many times already? People should just leave well enough alone, dont try to fix something that doesnt need fixing!

This is especially true with male movements like MGTOW and Atheist channels, (heck even trump´s current successes are made on account of SJWs) if they stopped yearning for drama and rulership over them, they´d get away with it, but nope, they had to be greedy, had to tread on the bear, bring their BS into schools, instead of promoting actually useful school and college reforms (like increased coding classes) and here´s the result.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  9. Anybody outside of medicine who insists on being called a doctor is a retard.

Things like psychoanalyzing lipstick, the lobster business, his attempts to project toughness and subsequent public outburtsts of tears ... :D

I'm not saying he's completely wrong in everything he says (often I found myself agreeing) but nothing he has come up with does justify his popularity, not even closely. Go to a random pub and you're likely to hear more insightful stuff from a drunk patron. How can anyone think the guy is an important intellectual is beyond me.

Yep!

10. Another example of this is the common chimp (patriarchal, violent) vs bonobo (matriarchal, peaceful).

ThePeakWae likes this.
  11. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Clinical psychiatry is a medical specialty. He isn't outside of medicine.

12. Psychiatry is a weird discipline, unlike most of medicine which deals with physical measurable processes it is mostly about guessing (and thus less interesting and respectable IMO). I'm not sure I would recognize a psychiatrist as a doctor like I would recognize a cardiologist for example.

But none of that even matters because Peterson isn't a psychiatrist! He's a psychologist. A social "scientist".

13. Queek The HeadTakker

Queek The HeadTakker Fapstronaut

Psychologists just care to one thing....your money, it isnt a psychologist who is going to solve your problem it has to be yourself

14. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Clinical psychology and psychiatry are not the same thing, one is a psychologist, the latter is a medical doctor, although their domains overlap in certain areas, a psychologist treat mostly behavioral stuff, a psychiatrist on the other hand, approach the psychological processes from a pure neurochemical viewpoint, and prescribe medication for any neurochemical issue that may be causing the problem, psychologist didn't use to be able to prescribe medication having to refer to a psychiatrist, nowdays depending where you live, a clinical psychologist, wich is meant to be a psychologist with knowledge about the neurochemical implications, and it's an specialization of psychology, can prescribe medication, making the overlap even bigger and blurrying the distinction between both.

But to summarize, clinical psychologist = psychologist with advanced knowledge of neurochemistry, psychiatrist = medical doctor wich area of expertise is neurochemistry and it's psychological implications aka mental illnesses, subtle but big difference.

A psychiatrist does exactly what you say they don't, is not guessing at all...

15. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

I think SickSicko addressed the first half of your comment pretty well.

Huh, I remembered wrong then.

16. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

What a grossly misinformed comment. Look up the origin of the word doctor and you'll see it literally means teacher in Latin. Doctoral degrees were first awarded to teachers long before medicine became a professional practice.

Most people with PhDs, including Dr. Jordan Peterson, don't insist on people calling them doctor. Don't believe the TV shows you see that stereotype people with PhDs.

17. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

Well it's a good thing that decision is not up to you. Psychiatry is recognized by all medical boards.

18. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

Sound like you have a different definition of chaos and order to jp. Of course you will disagree then.
    Clearly never been in a womans room lol

19. I'm not a board. Nor are docs sitting in the cafeteria gossiping about their colleagues' bullshit specializations.
    Look, it's my opinion and you'll just have to deal with that. If you get a doctorate to wave it around as a trophy, you're a clueless oaf.

On Peterson's personal webpage he refers to himself as Dr in almost every paragraph. His ... products? are sold using "Dr" everywhere. You yourself called him "Dr" twice in this thread!

20. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

IR254 likes this.