1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Social Integration - Is it healthy?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by D-Mystifier, Nov 14, 2020.

1. D-Mystifier

D-Mystifier Fapstronaut

Hey everyone!

Really been struggling to follow through with things that are supposed to be healthy for us human. Most notably, connecting in an honest and caring way with others. For me, the issue lies in this quote, "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society". Well damn... Humans are social creatures who need other people in order to regulate and gain perspective. Human connection is a basic need! Yet, I cannot find trust in listening to what others have to say, because I assess that most people are deeply dishonest with themselves. Whether they are aware of this does not matter, either way, they are not living in truth. Thus I can not take what they have to say seriously, even if it may sound good and true.

Does anyone relate?

Also, has anyone been able to establish healthy connections with others in an honest and loving way? And in such connections, how can one speak their truth in a way that does not come across as offending others?

Thank you : )

2. Hey Dude,

This happens to those who have a much deeper vision of life than normal people. Especially the hypersensitive but also the high potentials. These people can connect much more easily with other people who are in the same situation.

But the connection with a person goes much further and at the same time is much simple than intelligence or a common life perception.
    A connection is a shared emotional feeling.

When you make a joke and the person in front of you and you laugh at the same time and look into each other's eyes, that's a connection. Same emotion, at the same time.

Of course if you cultivate this connection it will become much more intense and deep. It is possible to connect with anyone. But not everyone has the same way of working and the same manual. You won't find the key to connect with anyone, but basically I believe it is possible to do it more often with practice and work.
    I approach girls in my everyday life. I have been interested in this kind of concept and how to connect with these girls that I approach. I have approached over 3000 girls in 3 years. Of course I haven't been able to connect with every one of them. But I realized that it's possible to do it. And even though some of these girls have a more surface vision of life than mine, that doesn't stop me from connecting with them. And sharing things, learning together. Of course the connection is more or less important depending on how much time you are going to spend on it. It's like taking care of a plant. It takes work.

I realized that the nicer you are to yourself, the nicer others will be to you and the easier it will be to connect with them.
    The purpose of a connection is not necessarily to learn new things and become smarter, stronger. Rather, it is to become more human towards yourself and others.
    And to do that you need to talk to people and understand how the social world works.

Otherwise our ego takes over and we become victims of society who understand more than others but are not able to create a healthy and deep relationship with someone.
    It is up to you to choose what you believe. Of course we live in a world full of perceptions. Some people say that we need to change our beliefs, but as long as we have beliefs we are not living in reality. Because reality doesn't care what we think, it's there.

But it's much better to be trapped in those beliefs together than alone.
    Our only limits are imposed by us and our beliefs. The truth is that when you connect with someone, your subconscious doesn't care if that person is dishonest and says things that are not in your reality. You are just fine with that person. And that's enough.

My father always told me: you can't change people. you can only change the way you look at them.
    So I don't try to convince people, especially the girls I approach. Everybody has their own way of looking at life. Just because you don't agree with another person's view of life doesn't mean that it's necessarily wrong.

It's all about perception. And sometimes it's hard to admit that we may have been wrong from the beginning, but it's what keeps us going. And these people, even though they may seem dishonest with themselves, can teach us a lot and make us question ourselves.

When you think you're right, you may be closer to reality, but you're still a long way off. That's what I've learned. Since I started this process of overcoming fear.
    It's impossible to do this adventure alone in my point of view :)

In fact, the less I agree with someone the more I will try to create something with that person because it's an opportunity to learn and to share different feelings and emotions.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2020
    D-Mystifier likes this.
  3. Max666

Max666 Fapstronaut

It's healthier for some people more than others. Extroverts for example. My brother has always been this way. If he doesn't have people hanging round him, thinking he's fantastic, he feels insecure and depressed.
    Introverts dont validate themselves in the same way obviously.

I think the worst thing you can do is mismatch your needs with who you are as an individual, ie: an introvert falsely convincing himself that his desire to integrate socially far outweighs his sense of individuality. Then it becomes unnecessarily unhealthy. Play to your strengths, is what I'm saying. If you have a strong self awareness you should be able to attract people of similar merit, introvert or otherwise. Most people get into toxic relationships because they get the first person who comes along without first matching them to their own values. Introverted people tend to do this more.

D-Mystifier likes this.