no matter what i do..

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Nov 21, 2020.

1. ..its not enough. 28M here.every weekend is the same-nothing to do(especially with COVID times). I have a decent job, decent looks, and have all my student loans paid off but for some reason i'm repulsive (i have social anxiety too). Dating apps do NOTHING for me. they're trash.

it just sucks as a men i have the shit load of pressure to be a massive success and provide for my family. like nothing is good enough its up to me at all times and if i screw up, i 'm 100% replaceable and society will just dispose of me to pile of other man failures. life just seems like a thankless grind to me. I need a woman in my life---i can't keep going on like this. i think its because i'm the youngest in my family and usd to be around people all the time but now i'm a bachelor.
    Women have SO MANY options compared to men its not even comparable.
    ok thats off my chest. thanks.

2. Celticwarrior16

Celticwarrior16 Fapstronaut

I feel for you man and there’s probably not a lot I can say that can help. I remember too many nights with that misery and sense of loneliness and hopeless.
    Please forgive me I feel an old guy lecture coming on but I’m telling you now that I would love to go back and tell that 20 year old me to shake out of it, it will be alright. I have had a beautiful woman in my life for over 20 years. I have a house full of children, some fostered, some my own. I haven’t appreciated them enough and when I read what you say i feel so ungrateful for the life she’s given me.

I can’t say it’s been a grind but I get the pressure of being a man. My family love me to be the brave knight up on the white horse and that’s our privilege as men but it’s also too difficult to live up to at times.

It was miserable and I realise now that misery and desperation are not what women are looking for in a man. Out of hopelessness I decided to give up looking and started volunteering at a community project and it all changed, after dating different women for a few years I finally met the love of my life and i can’t say it has been happily ever after since or I wouldn’t be here but she has been the best thing in my life.

There is a beautiful woman out there looking for you, she’s looking for a real man, that is the real you (social awkwardness and all), I have a sense that if you put the real you out there doing something real and fulfilling that makes a difference in the world she will find you and she will be lucky to find you.

But easy for me to say, I’m the old guy with all the answers: I could do well to learn from you and be more grateful for the woman I have in my life now. I’m not going to hope for you, I’m just going to believe that things will change for you now.

Take Good care

Steppingintotheunkown likes this.
  3. As my brothers said above, the lack of partner is not the source of depression and misery. Of course if you had one there was incentive guide light to help you find your way up to the success but the problem is we think others should sacrifice them selves to help us getting out of our misery.There should be our responsibility to take care of our ourselves and managing our mind and emotions.The side effect of this very own responsibility is dependability which others(especially girls) are looking for...That is it cruel world.