1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Motivation and willpower

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by lennyoo, Jul 11, 2015.

1. lennyoo

lennyoo Fapstronaut

Hello friends,

I just decided to rejoin this forum. I briefly tried this over a year ago but forgot about it after I relapsed.

Lately I've been doing a lot of thinking. I'm not necessarily unhappy, but there are a lot of things about me with which I am unhappy. I'm gaining weight a little too fast. I'm not terribly overweight, but still too heavy. I would like to do some working out but I cannot find the sheer energy/motivation to start doing it. I'm actually always at least a little tired, while I do sleep enough, and the doctor did a blood test and told me I was okay.

Almost 22 years old, masturbation must have been part of the latter half of my life right now. I've nothing against it morally, but doing it 2/3 times a day makes me wonder if it's healthy. Could it also be the cause of my overall behaviour? I.E. eating too much junkfood, not doing any sports, always being tired, etc.

I've always been scared of failing even before I start something. That's also why I never tried to stop PMO again, same goes for sports etc. What I need is willpower and motivation. How do I motivate myself?

I've come here because I hope people experienced the same thing and may be a little bit further in their journey. It's so awkward to talk about this IRL, as I would never talk to others about PMO. So I'm pouring my heart out here.

Thank you, for taking the time to read this.

2. DannyCool

DannyCool Fapstronaut

Everyone supports its other here. You are very welcome here. You are so lucky to have found this site. Enjoy it.

3. Gerhard C

Gerhard C Fapstronaut

Hello friend! Glad to read this post! I have also decided to quit for real, as I always say, we are in this trip together so if you ever need someone to talk to, send me a message and if I can help you I'll be more than happy to do so! Keep strong buddy!

4. lennyoo

lennyoo Fapstronaut

Thank you Gerhard and DannyCool :)

Do you guys have any tips for a guy who is inherently too easy on himself (and too hard on himself at the same time)?

I know the easy hacks: Don't spend time alone/without clothes, don't stay in bed, don't touch yourself, etc., but the sheer will is also very important.

Thanks a lot!

5. Gerhard C

Gerhard C Fapstronaut

Hello lennyoo, for me what has worked really good is, when I'm starting to relapse I find out something to get distracted, in my case videogames and a rubik cube (best time 4 min atm :p), also cleaning my room helps, and also important is to get an Accountability Partner in case of panic :), that way you get commited to continue :)

Hope this helps!