1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Relapsed horribly , how to move past guilt?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by YauFraWB, Mar 6, 2021.

1. YauFraWB

YauFraWB New Fapstronaut

Relapsed horribly after a while , how to fix relationships?

So I’ve had about 30 days of no PMO but today I relapsed and I felt I was out of control.. I’ve relapsed plenty of times in the past but today it hit me deeply.. I masturbated to someone I look to as a inspiration , a friend of mine who I never want to have sexual thoughts about . How do I get rid of these thoughts? I don’t want to date her , she’s much older than me and of course I haven’t told her I whacked one out to her and I don’t plan to. How am I meant to keep this relationship healthy and stable if I feel guilty around her?

Is it possible I can just forgive myself and just move on?

Any help would be appreciated thanks .

2. Humble Sir

Humble Sir Fapstronaut

I've been struggling with a similar issue a lot recently. What helped me is realizing that recovery is a non-linear process and that relapsing does not set you back to step 0. I think the most important thing is to learn to recover quickly after relapse and get back on your journey towards full recovery. Every time you overcome a relapse you will be closer to your ultimate goal. You will be stronger and more experienced. So don't get too hung up on the number on your counter and simply carry on one day at a time. Best of luck!

3. primaljade

primaljade Fapstronaut

Firstly, keep in mind you had 30 days without PMO which is great! I haven't gone that far in a long time, so at least be proud of getting that far.

Secondly, if you're wankin' to the thought of her it sounds like you'd want her as a FWB if not a girlfriend. You can still tell her she's hot and be friends (remember you can friend-zone girls if you need to), or ask her out even, and see how things go as long as you know how to manage a FWB relationship. If she rebukes you, then you probably wont fap with her on mind.

MixerAwersome likes this.
  4. MixerAwersome

MixerAwersome Fapstronaut

Best advice I have read on this topic, thanks.

primaljade likes this.