1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fighting my own body. How can I have longer streaks.

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Exponential Power, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Exponential Power

Exponential Power Fapstronaut

I often have trouble getting past two weeks without MO. my longest recent streak was 2 months. The streaks end strangely. I find myself in a dazed half asleep state masturbating. By the time I realize what's happening and stop myself I'm aroused from edging and can't sleep. I end up finishing with MO. It's like my body is desperate for orgasm and is sabotaging me. Does anyone else have similar experiences? Any feedback would be helpful.

Micah_Orion likes this.
  2. It is true, I think. Your body is desperate for MO. You'll have to take this into account. Maybe it is not possible to get completely out of M, but you'll maybe find a way to be in peaceful coexistence with it

3. Vir

Vir Fapstronaut

Are you a Christian? I found that relating to Jesus Christ changes my relationship with my body.

Recently, I found myself in a very similar situation. Couldn't get past two weeks. Like you, there were times where my body would just seem to take over. It's like after a few weeks it would say "Ok, pal. We're gonna masturbate, now."

Some growth with God changed that to the point that last night I was nearing the edge of ejaculation due to being super aroused and I just walked past it. I thought maybe I'd sleep masturbate, but I didn't do that either.

Justonemoreday likes this.
  4. Exponential Power

That's a difficult question. My answer depends on the definition of the word Christian. I don't think I can answer it completely without veering off topic for this forum section. I grew up in an Evangelical Christian family. My faith has changed and disappeared and reappeared several times in my life. Thanks for the suggestion. I do think that commitment is a big part of this issue. When I started Nofap I had an over 200 day streak PM free. I'm married so I don't do hard mode. That is another factor. We had sex regularly during the long streak. The sleep masturbation happened again briefly the night before last. I avoided M yesterday. It was difficult. We had sex last night so that should help but now I have to fight the chaser effect. I've relapsed because of that recently.
    What made you super aroused?

5. Vir

Vir Fapstronaut

I had a partial erection and started flexing it just to see how big I could get. Not necessarily a great idea if you are trying to retain.

6. Vir

Vir Fapstronaut

The reason I ask about Christianity is that the stuff that has helped me most for things like what you are talking about is connecting with truths related to my faith and how Christ indwells me, my body, and my sexuality. I know we are getting into the edge of the boundaries of this forum, but if you want to talk about it, you can always DM me.

7. Exponential Power

Yeah don't do that. I've done it on days when I didn't get morning wood and was paranoid testing myself. It's a domino effect that leads to relapse.

Vir likes this.