1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Seattle.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Caveat Emptor, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Caveat Emptor

Caveat Emptor Distinguished Fapstronaut

I'm visiting my older brother in Seattle for a week and he wants me to look up things I want to do up there. I have done some internet searching for it, but I'm hoping there are fapstronauts that are native to Seattle that could tell me a local perspective! :D

2. Not local, but the Experience Music Project and the Science Fiction Hall of fame are worth seeing. Free on Thursdays, at least they were in 2010. They're right below the Space Needle. Also somewhere downtown there is this huge Asian market that I spent hours in. Don't know if that is your thing. I'm the type to geek out about food.

• Pike Place Market
    • If you like Starbucks, the original Starbucks location (expect a giant line)
    • Space Needle
    • Seattle Underground Tour (http://www.undergroundtour.com/)
    • A lot of the awesomeness of Seattle is actually outside of the city...
    • Mt. Rainer
    • La Push
    • Vancouver is pretty close
    • Hoh Rainforest
    • Chocolati Café hot chocolate http://www.yelp.com/biz/chocolati-café-seattle-10
    • Snoqualmie National Forest

3. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

4. Moxie

Moxie Fapstronaut

I graduated from Seattle University, here's my perspective:
    • Volunteer Park Conservatory
    • Madison Beach
    • University of Washington Arboretum
    • Green Lake Park
    • Gas Works Park
    • Seward Park
    • Alki Beach Park
    • Sunday Farmers' Market on Capitol Hill
    • Fremont
    • Do you like great seafood? They have the best ever at Elliot's Oyster House
    • Eat at Little Uncle, and Rancho Bravo

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  5. Caveat Emptor

Caveat Emptor Distinguished Fapstronaut

I saw the EMP, the Locks, UW, The Fremont Troll, Fremont Brewery, Gas Works Park, Pike Place, the downtown library (such a cool building), Pioneer Square and the Underground. As well as some other stuff I can't recal at the moment.

Thank you for all the suggestions!