1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Jordan Peterson: Hero or Villain

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Senecathestoic, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Cleaning your room can also mean getting your life in order.

2. He seems to think postmodernism is an extension of Marxism, which is just wrong. I read a lot of Derrida and Foucault at university and whilst they are confusing and complex, they didn’t just rebadge Marxism as he seems to suggest in some of the videos I’ve seen. Maybe there’s more too it, but to me he seems to misunderstand it.[/QUOTE]
    Have you read the Communist manifesto?

3. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

I'd like to hear a single person here give an example of something Jordan Peterson has done or said that is transphobic.

4. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

"Transitioning" is biologically impossible.
    Not "transphobic", just a fact. Deal with it.

5. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

What does the qualifier "trans" even mean? If you ask me, trans-woman basically means "not an actual woman." If it were an actual woman, you wouldn't need the qualifier.

Also, "trans" suggests the possibility of an end point, or a completion. Transport ... transfer ... translate ... transpire ... transaction ... transmit ... transfuse. What is the end point or completion of "transitioning?" At what point has the individual become "man" or "woman" enough? They'll never be able to change their chromosomal makeup, so is it just an endless pursuit? Even qualifiers like "pre-op" or "post-op" don't get them any closer to the final goal, because the foundational genetics are immutable--set in stone until death.

And still further ... if a man decides to transition to female ... and starts speaking, dressing, and acting like a woman ... well, who are they to declare those particular traits as feminine to begin with? Has a trans-woman ever taken on the qualities of a "butch" woman? Not to my knowledge--they only seem to take on those characteristics that are traditionally thought of as feminine. In the handful of times I've used dating apps, virtually every trans-woman I come across (they add themselves to the apps as women because they wouldn't show up in searches otherwise), they're almost always posing in sexually suggestive ways, accentuating their sexuality first and foremost. It's odd to me that this is what they believe constitutes femininity.

This is a movement that implodes on itself, at least in its rhetoric.

6. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

This lady really nails it.

There are 2 genders and many different personalities.

7. Wave Surfer 2.0

Wave Surfer 2.0 New Fapstronaut

8. Hi is most certainly a villain, perhaps the darkest of all and I mean it!

He is a gate keeper, designed to misguide white young men, instead of telling the the truth, he is just like any communist careerist seeking a position. He mentions Solzhenitsyn but fails to mention what Solzhenitsyn was really talking about or the very clear group behind the holodomor and "Russian" revolution. In some instances when the sell out shill, Peterson is asked a specific question regarding that group, he dodges the question and out right lies. (He loves his $$)

As some other person said: Jordan Peterson is an excellent teacher, but only regarding making money and being a sell out.
    It is unfortunate that we live under world communism otherwise I can be more specific.

Note: if you want a hint at what I am getting at, go to bitchute and look for: "DR. JORDAN B PETERSON - TRUE RULE #1, NEVER BE DISINGENUOUS" by "Alex On Life"

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2021
  9. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

10. smh_fam

smh_fam Fapstronaut

I like him. Sure, nothing he is saying is really new, his main life's work has essentially been to make Jung's work more accessible and understandable.

As far as "transphobia" goes, you can accuse anyone of transphobia these days, even the far left. Take a gender studies class anywhere in the west, they'll tell you that "gender is a spectrum", "gender is purely a mental / emotional state", "there are exactly X possible genders (as long as X isn't 2!)" and of course that "gender is just an arbitrary social construct". All of these statements directly contradict both each other and the idea that one can be "born in the wrong body" and need to "transition" to physically resemble the other gender (which is predicated on the assertion that gender is indeed limited to either male or female, hence the need to "transition" from one to the other). Also, if you ever disagree with a Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminist, you are automatically an evil misogynistic shitlord.

So in short, everyone is transphobic, even trans people.

11. ByTheRiver777

ByTheRiver777 Fapstronaut

Never really got into him, because I always saw him as a starting point to becoming more "enlightened."

He's very good at getting one into the basics of Jung and what's wrong with the contemporary world, but I wouldn't idolize him, he's a man with severe flaws of his own such as drug abuse and neglect as a psychologist. He's the epitome of the shadowself which I'm aware he talks about often.

I don't think the label transphobic is fair, especially since the term is weaponized. He critiques the current way transgenderism is seen, which is not transphobic, it's acceptable, especially in academic circles, where ideally everything needs to be questioned (Not so much anymore).

12. T R A N S G E N D E R I S M

CarP and Ὀρφεύς like this.
  13. Ὀρφεύς

Ὀρφεύς Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Funny, as there are now that Red Skull meme by Marvel xd He isn't villain, his opinion about postmodernism as some neomarxism is rare and quite weird, but as I read some books, there are a lot of different opinions about postmodernism. And there will always be. Prob there are no people who can say sth real about postmodernism.

14. he does have some good views but mostly he's just bad
    also he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about when the subject of postmodernism comes on
    also he's transphobic so I obviously have some bias against him

15. cis people be like

16. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

I went through my Jordanetics phase back in ‘18 when he came out like a Rock Star. Saw him speak in San Francisco with my Conservatives political Meetup group.

Ὀρφεύς likes this.
  17. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

I’m not so much a fan now even though I still have his book.

18. Why should protected classes exist...?

19. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

Hero

20. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

I like him but he is more of a celebrity, debater, lecturer. So, he may fascinates you, but not those such as Bill gates, Elon Musk, Stephen Hawking or myself.