1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Zombies Are Coming. Where Do You Go and Who's With You?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Fomo Sapiens, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Fomo Sapiens

Fomo Sapiens Fapstronaut

Given the current climate, this might be in poor taste. Oh well. Everyone needs an outlet.

The news announces the first zombie outbreaks. China declares martial law and Australia is in lockdown. India calls in the army while Iran considers evacuating and carpet-bombing its own capital. Greece is the first European country with reported zombie cases.

For a while you feel immune, but then the infection starts spreading to mainland Europe and to the US. Suddenly, the local news is reporting from a helicopter above a Tesco/Walmart/Aldi/your local superstore. There are zombies chasing someone in the parking lot.

Shit just got real. You were there yesterday. You buy your bread and milk from that store.

You decide to take matters into your own hands. Your fate resides squarely with you, and not with a gaggle of incompetent governments.

[​IMG]

Here's the game.

1. Where do you go that you think you will keep you safest?

2. What do you take with you?

3. Who do you go with?

4. What's your long-term survival strategy?

I know what I'd do.

Some ground rules:

(i) You can assume public transport no longer exists. Trains, planes, cars and buses are off the table. Flying to your own private island is not an option, unless you happen to be a pilot with a fuelled jet in your backyard. You can hijack or steal any extant cars or buses you find though (if you can already drive).

(ii) Assume this is happening as of today. So unless you happen to have an AK47 lying under your bed, any weapons you use to get somewhere else have to be in your house right now, or you have to creatively fashion some weapons out of what you have. Creativity is the key word here.

(iii) Assume the level of contagion starts at approximately one zombie for every 100 metres of road. If it's half a kilometre to the nearest store, expect to encounter five zombies on the way. Every day, the zombie concentration doubles. So don't waste time!

(iv) We are talking about zombies that are halfway between Dawn of the Dead (1978) and 28 Days Later. Most of them are at walking speed, but occasionally one can run for a short distance. All it takes is one bite, and you're dead. They can live without almost any organ, but headshots, decapitation and full incineration will kill them.

(v) Lastly, get creative! It's all about clever, fun ways of surviving and even thriving in the new world order.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  2. Fomo Sapiens

Fomo Sapiens Fapstronaut

There is a retail park about 5 miles from here: they have a superstore, a huge pharmacy, two clothing retailers, a Porsche showroom, a petrol station and, most excitingly of all, an IKEA. I would establish a colony starting in the IKEA and grow it from there to include the entire retail park. With the sleeping space and furnishings in the IKEA, we could sustain dozens of people. With the stock in the superstore, we'd have enough food for months or even years. Hell, we could even clothe and medicate ourselves, and have movie night in the IKEA restaurant.

On my bike, I can reach a top speed of 24mph, so outpacing zombies isn't a problem. I would cycle to the retail park with my garden shovel strapped to my back, and two improvised Molotov cocktails made with absinthe and whisky -- all we have at home. I would use the Molotovs for fending off zombies at a distance, and the shovel for close attacks (you can slice someone's neck open with a well-placed blow). I'd aim to get to the car showroom first, and break into a window at the back, taking care to hide my means of entry from zombies and closing up the space. Once inside, I'd get some car keys, pick a decent car and drive straight through the shop front.

I'd go back home and pick up my girlfriend in the car, and any of my neighbours that have survived. I would then steamroll through any zombies on the way back to the retail park and set up camp in IKEA. If needed, we could make more weapons from broken and sharpened wooden furniture. (We don't have guns in the UK, so we could only kill zombies using melee weapons.) It wouldn't take much to find the security room and lock all the entrances to the facility, and ensure we decided who could come and go.

To me, this is the prime mistake made in movies. Those who are lucky enough to find an enclosed space with supplies rarely hunker down and keep the space protected. But it's obvious. Anyone old enough to have played Worms will know what I'm talking about.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    Shadow™輝ツ likes this.
  3. Shadow™輝ツ

Shadow™輝ツ Fapstronaut

My Journal
    i) I think I will try to go underground cuz they can’t see down there or go for a tall building and set traps in the stairs so they can’t get up.
    ii) I will take as much as food possible. Also rob a store with all kind of meds and all kind of canned foods, there are lots of store nearby in my area And weapons!!!!!
    iii) my family only
    iv) well we have food so we can survive easily for months but I guess we will try to make weapons which can wreck the zombies, and also change locations if needed, it will be best if we can have a safe location where we can have military backup, that’s all I have tbh.

Sputnik I likes this.
  4. FutureKing

FutureKing Fapstronaut

I am heavily armed and well stocked, so lets say I'm heading out to work, a rotting corpse walks toward me, ignores my pepper spray and a controlled pair center mass. I immediately think "Zombies? It's 2020, so I wouldn't doubt it," and shoot a headshot at point blank range (I'm an extremely good marksman.) One of two things happen at this point. 1. I call the Police and am detained. 2. The emergency services are overloaded due to a zombie epidemic, and just tell me to get safe. I would then call my boss at work, and ask him if he comprehends that the zombies have come.

Unlike fiction however, with the level of firearm ownership in the USA, the Military, and Police, and civilians having access to zombie fiction, I expect the threat to be recognized instantly and supressed extremely quickly, and the whole event to last under 2 weeks to 1 month. During that time, I will eat spam, and get to shoot zombies with my shotgun.

Sputnik I likes this.
  5. FutureKing

FutureKing Fapstronaut

The lack of zombie fiction is the major plothole in every zombie fiction. Everyone in the world would recognize a zombie instantly, the they only way around this is to pretend George Romero never existed. Because the recognition is so widespead I don't see anyone but the defenseless being caught off guard. Right now in my car I have 25 bullets, 5 of which are in my revolver. Giving myself a generous 20% margin of error, I could on my worst day dispatch 20 walkers myself. If I get home to my shotgun, for which I have hundreds of shells, I could dispatch 200-300 walkers outside my house. I'm just a lowly firearms enthusiast. Every city in the USA with a population of 40,000 has at least 500 of me.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    Sputnik I likes this.
  6. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

Assuming I had money, I'd stock up on ammo, food, and other weapons/supplies (frags etc.), and hold tight in my house. I'd get an extra shotgun just in case mine broke and probably get an assault rifle as well as a handgun. Boobytrap the doorways, bar the windows, etc. Focus on canned goods like spam.

Edit: missed rule 2. I'm screwed except for my guns but I don't have much ammo.

Sputnik I likes this.
  7. ScottPiligrimm

ScottPiligrimm New Fapstronaut

I think that I would stay at home in such a case. I have large stocks of products and some guns. Also, my house is situated on the hill and everything around clearly visible. Besides, I've set up a new security system by Ajax and nobody can go unnoticed with all these sensors. Yeah, I'm a big fan of zombie movies and I've already planned everything in case of an apocalypse, haha.

8. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

Zombies will never ever happen , its impossible in all ways

9. Fomo Sapiens

Fomo Sapiens Fapstronaut

You guys resurrected the crap out of this thread. Well done.

In the age of COVID, I wouldn't be so sure.

JustLeave07 likes this.
  10. PanteriMauzer

Lol covid is quite a normal virus, it is of the family of the coronavirus that existed for centuries so notbing new hwre3

CarP likes this.
  11. I'll go to my grandma's place because duh of course it's my grandma and who doesn't love their grandma

JustLeave07 likes this.
  12. n0tmynam3

n0tmynam3 Fapstronaut

First of all I live on the middle island of Denmark (large island) so I think for starters we would close off the two bridges that connect us to the other parts of Denmark. And if somehow zombies get on the island I live on the country side with a small farm so I’m kinda set to just live there until the zombies are dealt with and I would have my family with me and any friends who wanted to live there.

13. Fomo Sapiens

Fomo Sapiens Fapstronaut

You missed my point. This pandemic was a black swan event that few people expected. Even now, going to the supermarket with everyone masked up is totally surreal. It seems less of a stretch now to imagine another black swan event that catches everyone by surprise -- certainly less now than, say, in 2018.

14. PanteriMauzer

Black swan just to the west, sars pandemic already existed the century in the middle east and in asia , nothing new here

15. arkad1

arkad1 Fapstronaut

99% of people are already zombies, and noody escapes anywhere.

16. [​IMG]

gordie and Fomo Sapiens like this.
  17. Fomo Sapiens

Fomo Sapiens Fapstronaut

Love to hear what you say to the bereaved at funerals: "People have been dying since the dawn of time, stop crying, nothing hew here."

18. PanteriMauzer

Yup and staying dead , not like zombies

Fomo Sapiens likes this.
  19. arkad1

arkad1 Fapstronaut

Yeah, i speak commonplaces.

20. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

Whoa... :emoji_eye:

CarP and BugsBunny555 like this.