1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Middle aged dating during a reboot?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by OrganizeInformed, May 19, 2021.

1. Okay, what do you guys all think about an older guy in his late 40s dating during a reboot? (one that has not dated in like forever) Although I have had longer streaks whatever I have to admit I have my suspicions about some aspect of sexual anorexia too, like SLAA talks about. I certainly doubt it'll get sexual very quickly, I mean I just don't see the odds of that being that high.

I know that's not a lot to go on but I think it might work better as an ongoing conversation too, maybe there are a few other guys in my shoes. I'm open to people of other ages comments too, just remember that I/we're old. Or if you're someone even older than this age bracket that input and perspective may be interesting too.

Oh, and I'm really not inclined to use a dating site but.. I guess maybe there are different sites that's not as lame?

2. outkasted

outkasted Fapstronaut

I'm in a similar situation. I'm 45, I have almost zero sexual experience, I haven't been in a real relationship and I haven't been on a real date since maybe 2006 give or take a couple of years I guess.

The idea of dating seems almost unfathomable but I know I have to do something.

brassknucks likes this.
  3. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

It would be similar to when you were younger. Only difference is that the people aren’t spring chickens anymore.

4. ElSabio

ElSabio Fapstronaut

I'm 50 and have been on a nofap streak since January. I found that dating has been pretty good during this time. Since I was doing hard mode it relieved me of any pressure to have sex right away and has made getting to know women easier and more pleasant. I have used a dating app with success (I met a nice girl whom I am currently with) but I am american living abroad which makes it much easier. Using dating apps in the US or UK sounds like an awful, demoralizing shit-show although maybe it is better for us older guys than it is for the youngsters.

brassknucks likes this.
  5. Universe Rebel

Universe Rebel Fapstronaut

I've found that the older I get the more younger women (20 to 30 years younger) are attracted to me.

brassknucks and ElSabio like this.
  6. ElSabio

ElSabio Fapstronaut

Same here

7. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

Dress dapper and debonair as an older gent. Play that Daddy role hard!