1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

how to fix social anxiety in loud crowds?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by pezzer, May 20, 2021.

1. pezzer

pezzer Fapstronaut

just recently I went to a restaurant with some new and old friends, I know I wanted to socialize, ask questions and get to know these people more and catch up on how their life had been but the place was so loud and I sort of just lost my cool and ended up being very inwards with myself, never really being able to talk only listen. I'm completely fine with conversing 1 on 1 it's just big groups that completely throw me off. I also want to add when I don't quite hear what people are saying I sort of replace the mumbles and they end up being negative thoughts from in my head as their voice and I start believing this is what they're saying about me. I don't know how normal of a thing this is to experience so if anyone could offer any advice it would be greatly appreciated!

Moatasem likes this.
  2. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Protip: Be louder
    Protip2: don't fall into paranoia, they are probably talking about their dogs

BigBadWolf_27, Moatasem and pezzer like this.
  3. pezzer

pezzer Fapstronaut

yeah it's like I know they're not but I just really convince myself they are. I did notice once I'm actually joining in on the conversations it eases up it's just hard to keep it going.

So would you say I can fix this? I just need to practise talking with more people I guess

4. BigBadWolf_27

BigBadWolf_27 Fapstronaut

Expose yourself to that kind of scary circumstances and try to relax, I know what are you talking about man. Chaotic environment can be troubling during any kind of conversation. Remember that you're not worse than anyone only because you're not the loudest guy in the crowd.
    Oh, and stay on track, NoFap will definitely boost your confidence and "not give a damn" attitude.

pezzer likes this.