1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How could I avoid wet dreams?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Aléxandros, May 30, 2021.

1. Aléxandros

Aléxandros Fapstronaut

Just last night I had another huge wet dream.
    Does someone know how to get rid of those?
    I try to keep my room cold, I work out, I do cold showers, I eat a lot before going to bed, but they still happen.

I can say yesterday evening I went out with my friends and thought a lot about girls that passed on the streets, but nothing too arousal to cause me a wet dream.

Might oversleeping be the cause of this? I went to bed at 23:30 and got up at 8:30.
    So maybe 9 hours are way too many and after a while, my mind just starts having sexual thoughts and dreams, as early in the morning testosterone levels are high.

I'll try sleeping less, but I would like some advice from you on how to avoid wet dreams.
    Also, if the cause is oversleeping, how many hours should I sleep at night?

2. Aléxandros

Aléxandros Fapstronaut

3. NothingMoreNothingLess

NothingMoreNothingLess Fapstronaut

Hello friend. I am afraid there is no way in stopping the wet dreams in general. It is completely normal of your body to have wet dreams, as it's a way for the body to release excess semen and to test the pipes if they are working or not. There are some ways to decrease the chances of a wet dream if you would like to know some. From my initial research on NoFap, I believe many users claimed that sleeping on your back, decreasing fluid intake at night, and urinating before going to sleep will decrease the chances of a wet dream.

As for oversleeping, it can be a cause especially if you did not urinate when you woke up. This happened to me one time, when I woke up with morning wood and went back to sleep. I woke up at 9:00 AM to see that I had a wet dream. I was pretty angry at myself for not preventing it, but it seems it was natural for my body to just release the excess. 9 hours of sleep is just enough sleep. I would avoid decreasing sleep time in general, as sleep deprivation can lead to a new string of problems such as mental fog, decreased white blood cell count, and an increased chance of syncope as well as a decrease in athletic ability.

Aléxandros likes this.
  4. n0tmynam3

n0tmynam3 Fapstronaut

You can't really get a rid of wet dreams. And because of that it's not your fault for having one, so you shouldn't be angry at yourself as long as you don't give up after having one is what matters. Also, I wouldn't recommend less sleep. If you can sleep between around 8 hours that's most healthy. not getting good sleep could make it even more difficult to stay with NoFap

5. takeaction21

takeaction21 Fapstronaut

Not sure if it reduces wet dreams, but I would recommend to not eat btween 2-3 hours before going to bed, as your body needs time to digest.

6. I think you may get your answer here I found it in some other category.
    Wet Dream Tips - Stop Them Forever | NoFap®
    He just posted it yesterday.

Aléxandros likes this.
  7. ASABOVESOBELOW

ASABOVESOBELOW Fapstronaut

It can take time to recondition your body to not habitually expel, but there are many things you can do to help.

Studies show the human-body reabsorbs semen after about 63 days so don't listen to those who say it's necessary or impossible to stop.
    • Sleep on your side
    • Sleep with loose underwear/bottoms
    • Don't eat within an hour or two of going to bed
    • Avoid "warming" spices in the evening such as chili, paprika, cloves, curry spices as well as cheese or eggs etc...
    • Avoid viewing sexual content, fantasising of constantly staring at girls.
    • Tonic herbs and adaptogens like Schisandra and Ashwaganda can help, they will also help recover faster.