1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Transform your desire: lust vs love... Aim to have your love untinctured with sensuality

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by goodnice 2.0, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Aim to have your love untinctured with sensuality and you will have such self confidence and joy that will be more satisfying lasting and wonderful than any orgasm. I hope this hits you deep

What has helped me a lot is the realization that the pursuit of sex, at least for me, is almost always selfish in nature. All i really care about when I am trying to get laid is gratifying MYself, getting MY fix... we have all experienced it- being hypnotized by the p**sy spell, which makes you a simp. Do I really truly care about the woman, do i really want to raise a family with her, do I have her best interests in mind as well? These are the types of questions you should be searching within your own heart.

The following inspires me to the utmost to transform the base animal desires into nobility, virtue, and all those qualities so admired in a man.

This book I was reading said it best:

"Unchastity does not lead to happiness. The most delicious of all the fruits of true and noble living cannot be had except by the chaste. Both chastity and unchastity have their roots in love—the love of the sexes. The chaste love those of the opposite sex purely and strongly. There is no stinginess, meanness, in their love. They are bounteous lovers.

The exalted love of brother and sister is fine example of chaste love, and so is the love of father for beautiful daughter. Such loves are not tinctured with sensuality. They do not give pain, but joy. They do not consume, but enlarge and strengthen.

The unchaste love is different. It is selfish love, an animal love, fire which consumes its fuel and goes out, passion that has no object except in its gratification. It takes on many forms; but in whatsoever form it is an abnormality, a monstrosity. It has no place in the career of the true man or woman who lives for their highest development, and for the greatest fullness and richness of life."

Read more at
    Physical, intellectual, and moral advantages of chastity / (nih.gov)

2. Beekind

Beekind Fapstronaut

Great insight.
    Similar concepts in Marnia Robinson's Book : Cupids poisoned arrow.
    All romantic love is based on lust.
    Devine love on the other hand is different.
    It doesn't discriminate.

ICE :D likes this.
  3. wow thanks for sharing that. So true that true love doesn't discriminate. True love is pure. The bible also said this about love:
    "1 Corinthians 13 1
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth."

And actually, I want to hit on a point I heard from someone based on their own experience and which has been confirmed by others as well. It is the lust which causes one to want to ejaculate during sex. However, when you truly love the other person, when lust is not the primary force, then it is much easier to have sex without ejaculating. I think this was also stated in some book similar to cupid's arrow

ICE :D and Beekind like this.
  4. Beekind

Beekind Fapstronaut

I love the bible text about love.
    Agreed.
    Romantic love fades away ( it is a neuro-chemical illusion)
    Devine love is eternal.

Love you bro.

ICE :D and goodnice 2.0 like this.
  5. love you too bro with the kind of love that enlarges and strengthens

ICE :D and Beekind like this.
  6. We are on the same path. But my gut feeling tells me that it isnt possible while in a relationship (even though im in one myself exactly for the purpose of discovering the truth about this subject).

Just as an addict cannot be free from desire of the drug while still occasionally using, how can you be free of lust when you have a girlfriend walking around half naked and you get a boner every time you are laying in bed together? Thats the question im asking myself now and which i should have pondered about more before entering a relationship...

For me the feeling of lust (strongest form of desire) is extremely overwhelming when in bed. Ive battled multiple addictions (desire for sense gratification) and the vices such as greed anger and hatred (stems from aversion) to a reasonable degree. But lust seems to be of another magnitude all together.

ICE :D likes this.