1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling suicidal

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Makingitthistime, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Makingitthistime

Makingitthistime Fapstronaut

I'm feeling suicidal because of pmo addiction. What can I do?

2. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

Sorry to hear that.
    Have you tried therapy?

3. Makingitthistime

No.

4. BigBadWolf_27

BigBadWolf_27 Fapstronaut

Just give it up. Simple decision. You will feel the real difference in your attitude just after a week.

last chance likes this.
  5. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

Maybe you could try therapy. It didn't resolve all my issues but helped to some extent. Took months.

How old are you?

6. Makingitthistime

I will try but it's hard and I feel like I am not in control of the habit.
    I'm 22.

7. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

22 is very young. You have your whole life ahead of you.
    Is there some other reason you're suicidal apart from pmo? Like bad in studies, work stuff..

8. Makingitthistime

I actually don't have a job nor am I studying right now. I spent all day in my house. Feeling empty, depressed and anxious.

9. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

Where do you stay?
    How much have you studied? Do you want to go to college again or take up some work?

College, work won't fix your issues, but you'll be better with them in your life.
    I was 23 when I had a breakdown :(

Kung_fu_panda_ likes this.
  10. trust me, you can get rid of this addiction, killing yourself isn't worth it

11. Makingitthistime

I've been thinking about getting a job.

AlphaGod likes this.
  12. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

Good idea, it'll make you feel better and kill the urges too.

13. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

Good luck my dude, please keep us updated. Everything will get better. I’ve been clean for 4 months and I promise you there is a light.

14. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

Keeping busy with study is great, but it's often not enough. You may find yourself lacking in one of the 3 main areas of happiness.

Health
    Freedom (including money)
    Relationships (friends, fam, partners)

Health should be your first priority, if that's mostly good, you can work on the others.

Finding a job is probably one of the best things you can do right now.

A daily workout at home can also do wonders for your mental health. Something simple like a bullworker is a lot cheaper than a gym membership, and I personally found it a lot easier to work out at home without all the gym junkies and mirrors anyways...

It's pretty common for guys to have a life crisis moment early on, usually in 20s or 30s. We think "what am I actually doing with my life" or similar. Don't feel alone, we all question our choices at some point.

The great news, is at your age you have plenty of time and energy to make the changes you feel are necessary.

If there's one thing I can impart to you, just know life can change A LOT in just a matter of months. Years do go quickly, and in just a few years you can be a whole new man. Think of this as a period of painful growth. Good luck!

UncleBob and AlphaGod like this.