1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it junk food?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Wilde°, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

If I'm ordering rice and different types of meat from a restaurant or fast food (without a bread, not talking about burgers and stuff, just rice with meat) is it considered as junk food because they might make it oily and put too much salt and stuff? I know what the definition of junk food is, usually food without contributing nutritional value but just wanted to make sure..

2. script

script Fapstronaut

No it isn't, plain and simple. Meat and rice have great nutritional values, put some veggies on there and it's one of the best meals you can eat. You have proteins and vitamins from the meat, good carbs from the rice and the veggies will add important fibers. One thing I'd leave out is the sauce though.

AlphaGod likes this.
  3. Lilla_My

Lilla_My Fapstronaut

White rice is considered junk food by some since it's a refined carb. So is take out. So is anything salty, or oily. Some consider red meat to be unhealthy.

So, how long is a string? Point is, the terminology "junk food" varies on who you ask. For example, vegan meats are highly processed and would be called junk food by some. However, vegans call it nutritious. Whey protein is ultra processed, yet it's used by many health fanatics. And white rice, which is also considered extremely unhealthy is eaten by the slimmest people in well developed countries, namely the Japanese.

Keep check on your waistline so you don't get insulin resistant and exercise. And don't bother with useless terminology.