1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Good web blocker for Android?

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by OddTheOodle, Aug 15, 2015.

1. OddTheOodle

OddTheOodle Fapstronaut

I read on a thread here about K9 Blocker, so I looked it up. It is only available for Mac, PC, or iOS. I did finally find one for Android, but the reviews were pretty bad. So my question is: are there any good web blockers for Android? I think it would be best if I didn't temp myself. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. StefanT

StefanT Fapstronaut

I personally have considered totally cutting off all internet connection via cell phone. If your eye offend thee, pluck it out. Yes, huge sacrifice, but could save your life.

This would mean downgrading your phone. Is that just crazy?

3. Array

Array Fapstronaut

Did the same thing. But the trouble is I still have to use my tablet. So I got FocusON app and disabled any browsers past 9.30pm with it. Plus, I disabled the app itself so that I can't switch it off. And Google Play Store so that I can't download any other browser.

Works for me, might not work for you. But if you struggle mainly at night or just specific hours, might be worth installing it.

@StefanT I'm just curious, do you happen to be from Poland?

4. StefanT

StefanT Fapstronaut

That sounds like a great little system you have set up. I'd like to take a look into it, at least to see how it all works.

And to answer your question, I am not from Poland. I'm a proud Idahoan. :)

5. StefanT

StefanT Fapstronaut

Overall, could you give me a brief idea on how you've gotten a grip on yourself with all this? It's quite the mystery.