1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Flatline and sex with wife

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Oh Henry, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Oh Henry

Oh Henry Fapstronaut

On day 15 of reboot. No PM. Only O is during sex with wife.

Flatline is starting to kick in. Just struggled to have sex with my wife and keep an erection. Had to resort to flashbacks of P to keep arousal. Not a good feeling.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

Yeah, sorry to say but what happened with your wife means you have not rebooted. Not even close. 90 days of hard mode (no sex/orgasm from any source including wife) is the MINIMUM recommendation for this very reason. It will be a big challenge for you (and your wife) but it's what needs to be done. At 15 days your brain is only just beginning to adapt to the lack of stimulation and the fact you had to call up P flashbacks (and were able to) means the effects of your addiction are still deeply ingrained. You might not be all the way back where you started but attempting sex that soon into a reboot didn't help. Start over at Day 1 and keep going. You've got this.

Oliver Gunter and D_rax like this.
  3. Oh Henry

Oh Henry Fapstronaut

Is there no path to quitting PM that does not involve stopping intimacy with my wife?

Chokejoke35 likes this.
  4. PeterGrip

PeterGrip Fapstronaut

Good job on making it this far.

I would say if you can have sex, go for it. But it is your wife after all, and you should be able to talk to her about what your are going through. What is important is that you let your libido come back naturally, instead of forcing it through your imagination. If your are honest your wife should be understanding and patient about that.
    Your emotions towards sex might change. From my own experience, I could never predict how I feel about sex now compared to 6 months ago.
    Also, I believe that 90 days is a reference, not a strict minimum.

Just my 2 cents. Best of luck to you.

5. Oh Henry

Oh Henry Fapstronaut

Thank you, appreciate your input.

I am ashamed to discuss with my wife, but know it is the right thing to do. Last time we discussed this was years ago - In her mind everything is okay.

As you can imagine, this creates further anxiety and perpetuates the addiction.

Wish I can travel back in time and stop 13 year old me from starting this awful journey

6. I have been able to do the "PM-only" recovery approach, and it has worked out with my wife so far. I think that if i had ED, it might be a little different story. You may need to bring her into the loop.

Oh Henry likes this.
  7. Oh Henry

Oh Henry Fapstronaut

Thank you for that reassurance. It's hard to know if my ED is the result of flatline or the result of anxiety about my current situation. Will keep trying.