1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Got laughed at in class today?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Bluffy, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Bluffy

Bluffy Fapstronaut

Hey guys. Let me start off by saying I consider myself pretty ugly (bad skin and weird facial features ) and this is not me looking for compliments whatsoever. Well, I was giving a presentation in class today in front of a lot of people and I was very professional, and thought I did a fair job. However, I could hear people laughing which really affected me after sitting down.. I also saw other presentations and noticed nobody else laughed unless the presenter purposely did something funny. However, this was another kid I could tell the class thought was a little "weird", which is very sad if you think about it. Well, the had the same laugh for him as they did for me ( small laugh trying to keep it in). This got me thinking.. "oh am I veiwed this way?" . I mean, I try hard to dress well so I don't know what the reason to kaugh may be other than I am extremely ugly or something (which I am starting to think). Well yeah.. sorry this was kinda weird and personal for a question. But any responce would be great! :)

2. Mobius

Mobius Fapstronaut

Could just be kids laughing amongst themselves about something completely unrelated, I saw that a lot in class at times where they shouldn't be laughing

Deleted Account and Squirt like this.
  3. CountryDude

CountryDude Fapstronaut

Maybe your zip was down. Happened to me recently.

4. Maybe it's just in your mind. If people are laughing at you for no good reason the problem is not with you it's them. If they have ab good reason learn Don't let others define you, define yourself. Sounds like you got self confidence issues. Consider reading about confidence builders. Maybe if you think that someone laughed at you, you may ask them one on one for their honest opinion about your presentation. It could be all in your mind. You know sometimes the mind plays tricks on us.

another_user and Squirt like this.
  5. If they are laughjng at you ignore them. We can't choose our appearence right down to every detail and there will always be something about you someone will believe is out of the social norm.

No one can be perfect so do your best to fit in but keep on being you! The world would be boring if we were all the same.

6. dan_w

dan_w Fapstronaut

You should be proud that you completed your presentation professionally, when under pressure to perform, takes a lot of mental strength.

Look at the positives always.

I would/most people would struggle even completing/starting the presentation, never mind doing it with the thought of someone laughing.
    I do believe that the laughing was not directed at you, but down to some some sort of anxiety?.

If the people were laughing, it shows that they are weak minded people trying to make others feel bad, they are nervous about doing their presentation, think about it.

Don't worry. You did well.

7. Powerof3

Powerof3 Fapstronaut

Man up and move on. People like that are not worth your time; they are just pricks. I took loads of shit in school and it weakened me at first but now I am stronger because of it. The popular, good looking people tend to get things handed to them but the ugly wierdos like us have to work for everything we get. When all is said and done we are the ones who end up with some back bone and integrity and they will be the ones who have nothing when time takes away their skin deep beauty. We are the ones who will have something to show for our lives. We are the ones who will actually become someone worth knowing. Don't ever let the bastards keep you down; if you do you will be stuck living at their level.

yousuff, Bluffy and DudeFromAfrica like this.
  8. You sound like your around high school so to that I'd say fuck them and who gives a shit what anybody thinks. Everyone gets criticized and mocked in life, even God himself! you can't expect not to. But you can control how you react to it. I found the less you care, the less they try. Until eventually they don't try at all. You shouldn't have to worry about what people think of you. All that matters is what you think of yourself.

yousuff and Bluffy like this.
  9. Eric'sBlue

Eric'sBlue Fapstronaut

Don't listen to these kids. They are brainwashed, conditioned to think that everything revolves around pop culture, attractiveness, looking and acting cool.

It doesn't. Surround yourself with more down to earth people, and move on. Let it slide off.

10. DudeFromAfrica

DudeFromAfrica Fapstronaut

Judging by your reaction your ten times more mature than they are. They're the type of people who think running someone down is how you become popular, its pathetic to see actually. Trust me, you don't need their lies in your life. They think popularity=success, being professional and doing a good job like you did is what gets you success.

School doesn't last forever, and trust me, one day in the real world they're going to be the people looking up to people like you. Its hard but don't give them a second thought, they're not worth your time.

(Also...I used to think I was unattractive in school, I was "weird", and had a low self esteem, and now? My mirror tells me I'm pretty frikken handsome, and my record tells me I'm pretty successful. My class mates are stuck in jobs they hate, and I've got nothing but smiles. Don't let them get you down ;) )

no2fap2k15 and Deleted Account like this.
  11. DudeFromAfrica

DudeFromAfrica Fapstronaut

Somebody needs to put that quote on a tshirt!

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. 1. Well, does it really matter that they laughed?

2. If it does, ask yourself why?

3. My guess is that you will be struggling with the answer. Further questions:

A. Will those people matter in 5 years, in 10 years, in 15 years?

B. I know that to speak in public is tough.

C. How I know? I have literary screwed up in front of 300 People in the 2nd year high school.

Imagine you are told that there will be about 8 people and there are 300 and you have not been told to get prepared. (of course I was blamed afterwards)

D. I can tell you, if you done rather well then be proud on yourself. If there were couple of guys which were laughing then who cares, really?

Good Luck!

Bluffy likes this.
  13. Bluffy

Bluffy Fapstronaut

yea i do have low self -confidence/: sucks tbh

14. Bluffy

Bluffy Fapstronaut

thanks. sorry if I sounded like a p**sy haha

15. Bluffy

Bluffy Fapstronaut

thanks man.