1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to get over an urges/impulse's?

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by bbqlover94, Aug 26, 2015.

1. bbqlover94

bbqlover94 New Fapstronaut

I've recently come to the realization recently that I, like many on here, masturbate too much and it's giving me issues in the bed room with girls. So now I've started and need to continue to stop, whats the best way to get over urges when just sitting and chilling around the house in the evenings?

Thanks

2. shallowest

shallowest Fapstronaut

One of the best things you can do is just keep busy in general, that way you have less free time at night. If you have something like this, find a good video game or movie and watch it. Go on walks or go to bed if these stop entertaining you. It also helps to get on here, read all sorts of stories, and this will help occupy your time as well as remind you why you're here. Its going to be difficult, especially for the first few days and after several days in. IM me if you want me to give you a random thing to do to occupy your time.

bbqlover94 likes this.
  3. Finally Done

Finally Done Fapstronaut

bbqlover94, the best way, hum!!! keeping busy is one way, mind focused on things you enjoy, or you can do like I did this time and "really" associate negative feelings to the pmo that I was doing to keep the happy drug (dopamine) flowing through out my day.

I have read, tried many things to stop my addiction to pmo and dopamine. In short, I have always been a low self esteem, depressed, helpless feeling, negative mind set person. Though I have learned how to deal with it, and most people around me say I am the opposite of negativity, ie.... A motivator, etc..

This is because I know how to handle (hide my issues and my short comings by being the loving person everyone likes) my issues and I love helping others going through what I have gone through and are going through now.

Before my final straw last week, I was really sick and tired of pmo and where my life is. I started thinking about what the outcome would be if my friends and family found out that I was using pmo as a happy drug, a stress reliever.
    It made me sick to my stomach. So much so that in that instant, I was done. In all honesty, the feeling of "my loved ones finding out I was this weak" was even more painful that when I attempted, a few times, to use the Tens Unit (shock device) to shock myself. I was so helpless in my fight against pmo, that I bought and used the tens unit to shock myself numerous times, thus to associate Pain, to anything having todo with any Immoral actions or thoughts.

The electrical shock to my testes was very painful, but more painful is the thought of my loved ones realizing what a sad, immoral, scumbag I have become. These are my thoughts about myself to get me to feel real pain, nausea, chest pains, headaches, etc.. as my anchor to stop all this mess.

This does NOT reflect how I feel about anyone here, with the same problem, here on this site. I love this site and have been here before. But I have read many self help books,etc.. about HOW we run to those things that please us and flee from those that hurt us. PMO and Electrical Shocks was the pain I wanted to flee from. But not even that worked.

And so I chose to associate pain "really strong, internal thought and pain" to my pmo problem, instead of pleasure, and now for the first time in my life, I can say that I feel that I am free.

I know there will be times of struggle, but what are going to be my options? To fall back to my pmo (dopamine enriched) days for my happiness, them eventually finding out, thus having to face my family. Face them with the knowledge that they know, that is the only way I can survive and get pleasure, is from pmo. OR am I going to give up this dirty addiction and thus, keep my loved ones respect, love, and Interity. I chose integrity over disgrace. I chose my beautiful family over pixelated images of what the world wants us to believe is desirable. Because what the world offers through PMO is not desirable, its disgusting. And in the end, I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. Enough is Enough. I am a man, who wants respect like a man, who wants to be loved as a man and so, I am Finally Done.

I hope this makes sense. It is late and I really attempted to make this short and sweet. The best to you and to all of us striving to become pmo free.

bbqlover94 likes this.
  4. bbqlover94

After not PMO'ing for four days I gave in, during Saturday afternoon - bloody infuriating! But every time I give in i'm becoming more annoyed at myself which I believe will put me off for longer!

I just really want to have the urges and thoughts stop coming into my head. Does anyone know how long it takes for addiction to subside and end???

Having now set a goal of 19 days, i just need to keep myself preoccupied before and after work when I'm just mooching around the house.

5. Finally Done

Finally Done Fapstronaut

Stop worrying about the number and each day you awake, feel your inner strength and power of a new day, free of the disgusted addiction you just beat.

Or think of this urge as a fighter in a ring with you. Once you feel powerful to beat him down, then walk away, with your head heald high, NOT allowing him to get you back, into another fight.

If you don't concentrate on the urge, then it won't be as strong. Also, think about what those loved ones would think if they found out about our nasty habit. Could you face your loved ones feeling good about yourself if they were to find out? Would their disgust, after a point of no return, finally get you to stop? Then stop before it gets to late.

Last, you have to get sick and tired of being sick and tired and then you will say, ENOUGH!! Trust me, I have fought the urge for years, but recently, enough is enough. I do not want loved ones thinking of me as anything but loving, honorable, man with integrity. I have pushed the limit to many times, but enough is enough. Once it is gone, the trust from others, it is never gotten back.

I hope this helps. Do Not concentrate on the number, that is just reminding you what you are given up. Get up in the morning, thank the day for your success and the new person you ARE.

6. bbqlover94

Thanks Man! that makes more sense to ignore counting the days and just ignore the whole PMO together rather than getting reminded by counting the days.

I've blocked my web access to everything and evening I just have to keep busy with Fifa and going out!

Cheers for the advice !