1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[storytime] Being TOO careful in dating apps is a GOOD thing!!!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Improv3r, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Improv3r

Improv3r Fapstronaut

Guys... Fellow Fapstronauts...

Be EXTREMELY careful who you match on dating apps with!
    Let me tell you what happened to me just now.. today.. a couple of hours ago!

I matched with this awesome, hot chick. Started chatting since morning all day while I was working.
    Already talking how I should go over to Spain and hang out and stuff and she starts talking about an affiliate program that I should join.
    That she knows how to use for quick income and should teach me.

I had like moments of clarity during our chat that it's unreal for such a hot looking girl to chat with me for the whole day.
    I mean she has better stuff to do being that hot right?! So she gives me this affiliate link and tells me to register using her code.
    I did register but I only did it because I was curious to when this DUDE will gonna reveal himself as a fraud.
    I see the website that looks like a scam and luckily for me the details required are just name, password and the confirmation code on the validation image.
    No email, card details or anything like that so I was fine. I click register and it takes me to a page asking to scan the code. I did scan the code and it asks me to download the file.
    Oh forgot to mention that I did went to the ACTUAL WEBSITE she said she was an affiliate of and opened a chat with their agents.
    Specifically asked if that website I was given is a scam and they confirmed it was not part of their affiliate program.
    Use your brain matter ALL the time! Don't let a pretty face tip you off!

This is where I drew the line - I didn't download the file I just went back to the chat and talked to "HER".
    Asked him? her? why she is trying to scam me and she says:

- Oh you don't trust me? How can we have a normal relationship if we don't trust each other.
    - Ok give me social media accounts so I can check you out.
    *she gives them and I check the accounts*
    - These are hacked accounts nothing on there is real! Why are you trying to scam people?
    - Like I said you don't trust me don't write to me and I won't write back.
    *she blocks me*

I felt bummed because I had thoughts like what if she is the real person and I am just overzealous in protecting myself.
    But then my grey matter started functioning properly and I decided to head over the social media accounts I still got from her.
    I go into inspect mode and find the pictures from the page code then do a reverse track on the image through the search engine.

And what do we have here... the actual images are from an influencer that has 3.3m followers! Imagine the relief I experienced then!
    I hopped back on one of the social media websites the fraud hasn't banned me from and told that a.hole that I will report him everywhere so I did!
    I even told the actual influencer (if she ever sees it that is) to report for identity theft.

So here's an idea - you will NEVER be TOO careful in dating apps kids!
    Take this from your ol' uncle Improv3r!

Thanks for reading!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
  2. NothingMoreNothingLess

NothingMoreNothingLess Fapstronaut

There is a saying that goes "A man who is not swayed by sex, is a King." You are a King! Always think with your brain, and not what the penis or dopamine receptors are feeling.

Talz and Improv3r like this.
  3. Improv3r

Improv3r Fapstronaut

I hear you brother! I don't know if I would've had the clarity if I was on PMO. Maybe I would've maybe I wouldn't. Who knows...
    When you think with the bigger head instead of the small one it gets easier.

Talz and NothingMoreNothingLess like this.
  4. Improv3r

Improv3r Fapstronaut

Absolutely! I know that it is common sense but you never know what crazy ideas will pop up in your head the more you talk with someone.
    People DO fall for that, in fact a lot. If you do a research on victims from social apps you will see what I mean.
    Any raising of awareness is a good thing! Some people neglect such small trivial matters because they think it is common sense, which it is don't get me wrong.
    But at the same time when put in similar situation like I said you never know how you will going to react or what crazy thing you might do. Even unintentionally it can still harm you!
    Maybe not by loosing your life falling prey on some social apps sexual predator or anything as sinister but say lose your money, job who knows. The list goes on!
    There are countless of crazy impossible situations that people found themselves in from social app relationships to the point of even having their organs sold or something.
    It is a nasty nasty thing if you are not careful so although I was smart enough to know better I did allow this freak show to continue.
    Good enough for me that I am a tech savvy person and did my research carefully but what if another person falls prey to that? Raising awareness is good that was my goal here.

Talz and Grovald like this.
  5. Improv3r

Improv3r Fapstronaut

Socialization and reproducing is part of our nature. Fighting against it doesn't led anywhere. At least I never supported monk mode because I never supported anything in excess.
    If you are excessively social or excessively monkish to me it has to have balance. Balance in everything.
    I am using these apps because I feel I turned monk while on NF and this pandemic. Depression kicked in and my pp wants to feel a woman again I guess...
    There may be dangers ofcourse but unless we are willing to go through the shit we won't see the rainbow at the end.

I get you that you were taken advantage in the past. Thick skin is also good in this day and age but maybe leave the door open just a crack so somebody can actually penetrate it.
    You never know it might be the right one... or I am just having wishful thinking and talking from my perspective again dunno

Talz likes this.
  6. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Tbh this is extremely obvious of fraud, someone asking you to put a code in a random page and she is extremely hot.

I find this thread unnecessary or you very naive and new in dating apps to even post this.

Grovald and It is Finished like this.
  7. modern milarepa

You are 31?
    You haven't been around right? Well, it's never too late at least you saw the scam

8. modern milarepa

One thing you can take from this is to always doubt about a profile of a girl who is an 11/10 scale and she is being since the beginning extremely easy to talk to, even talks about sex. If it's too good to be true it probably is.

Even do some hot girls can be very slutty if that is the case ask for a video call or to see her really fast.

Also some gay men impersonate women, you can tell how a woman writes its not like men, also be careful of trans girls if they don't tell it from the beginning you ask. That is if you don't like trans.

9. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

I remember trying tinder quite awhile back and being disappointed when all the hot girls talking to me turned out to be scams, cam models, working girls etc...

Yeah, it just isn't that easy. Men have to have extremely good profiles with extremely good pictures to get actual hot girls to swipe I think.

Mixolydian likes this.
  10. Same, I tried numerous dating apps, trying to figure out which one was the "best one" in my area. Quite a few of them had everything you mentioned and bots. Others were filled with accounts that seemed abandoned. Some were men. Maybe it was different back then, but in my experience, dating apps are overrated.

Talz likes this.
  11. Improv3r

Improv3r Fapstronaut

She wasn't EXTREMELY hot, just hot enough for my taste.
    She didn't ask me to put a code truth is when I asked her what she do and we started talking about affiliate marking I wanted to learn how to do it too so it's partially my fault.
    AND THEN after I saw we talk mostly about that than about US the red lamp started blinking in my head.
    I may have been naive at first I admit but the good part is I put a cap on it on time.

Nah I never used dating apps before. Started using them at this age because of the pandemic and now that relationships are a bit harder to find.
    Before that I was always rolling with girls physically not via internet which I guess made me do this mistake with the dating apps today.

That's why I was trying to force physical meet up because I wanted to be sure. I am never gonna meet someone where I can have my organs sold.
    I always choose locations with lots of people around. She was probably around 8/10 but hot enough for me to realize that something was wrong eventually.

Dating apps ARE overrated. If you take a look at the percentage of actual successes compared to frauds and scams I guess we don't even wanna go there...

Mixolydian likes this.
  12. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

There are actual people who fall for love frauds, yes. The one's who could fall for that stuff won't necessarily heed the warnings though. I just read an article of a lady that was well aware of love frauds existing and thought she could never fall for them and went 70k in debt because of one.