1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is more worse: Caffeine or sugars?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 22, 2021.

What is more worse: Caffeine or sugars?

1. Sugar

2. Caffeine

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I voted sugar. :oops: But maybe it depends on the person.

Caffeine does not affect me at all. Nothing. Nada. Zero.

@rm0uR and (deleted member) like this.
  2. PatrickBasedman

PatrickBasedman Fapstronaut

I'm really badly affected by even small amounts of caffeine. My problem is not just what happens when I take it, rather what happens when I stop. The withdrawal is ridiculous. So I try to avoid it. I don't drink caffeinated drinks more than a couple times a week at most, and try to avoid it in food. The other day I had an appointment and developed a headache beforehand. I took 2 paracetamols only to realize after they had caffeine added to them. The equivalent of downing 3 cans of coke one after the other. I swear as I was waiting for my appointment time I felt like I was going to have a heart attack.

As for sugar, I dont have much of a sweet tooth lol, so cant really comment. Prefer savory foods.

ARAKIS likes this.
  3. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

Sugar by very far, but probably a combination of both. I’ve heard ADHD people don’t get caffeine effects, anybody relates?

ARAKIS likes this.
  4. I think it depends on the person. I don't drink coffee and the only caffeine I intake is the caffeine in my pre workout supplement. I have no issues with the caffeine. But sugar, especially refined sugar like in candy bars, doughnuts, etc. is an issue for me because once i have a little bit I want a lot more.

ARAKIS likes this.
  5. WalkingForward

WalkingForward Fapstronaut

Sugar is horrible for everybody. With caffeine, I think it depends. I drink coffee and tea every day, usually 1 cup of coffee in the morning and 1 cup of tea in the afternoon. I don't think it causes me any harm. I don't add sugar, milk or anything.

ARAKIS likes this.
  6. Sugar. Just watch how they produce the industrial one...

ARAKIS likes this.
  7. Omg.i had not expected that most votes wented to sugar.

8. Caffeine is not that addictive as it seem and it can be easly avoided, it does not even work with me...Sugar is everywhere and more dangerous for healt

ARAKIS likes this.
  9. Sugar seems like the obvious pick. Diabetes, tooth issues, weight gain are all connected with sugar. I gave up cereal, candy, cake, pie, and ice cream years ago, haven't had a cavity since. Caffeine, in comparison, is better, especially in moderation. I only have one cup of tea in the morning. Works wonders.

ARAKIS likes this.
  10. TheLoneWolf88

TheLoneWolf88 Fapstronaut

Both are technically drugs. I drink Vitamin Water Energy that has both, so it's quite difficult to quit