1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for A Life coach

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 1, 2022.

1. I never thought I’d be wanting to do this. But I think it’s about time I find a life coach or something in that matter. I’ve seen some people post in the past about these topics, actual coaches responding. I never made the deal because I don’t know whose real enough on this site. But I’m in definite need. If anybody has any suggestions or has dove into this category for them self let me know and if it’s a good idea or not.

I think I’m ready for one.

2. shamrock19

shamrock19 Fapstronaut

Be careful . Plenty of charlatans out there and people just trying to earn a buck , especially on the internet

Do you not think professional help is better ? Someone with accredited qualifications/experience . Something like a therapist

3. The last therapist I’ve visited didn’t help much at all. I was still depressed after the first two visits until meds kicked in. I had to ride it out. Right now I don’t take meds because I don’t see myself being on pills for ever. So far I’ve been getting by. I could tell he was using a computer system more then his own cognitive thinking to help me threw patterns, paranoia, and anxiety.

4. shamrock19

shamrock19 Fapstronaut

Yeah I’ve always been against going on meds , see them as more of a band aid then a cure but i can imagine there is a time and a place for using them

I’ve had similar stories with therapists … I’ve heard you need to try a few to get a good fit but all the while , you are shelling out money so it’s not ideal . Then again I don’t see why it would be any different with a life coach

I’ve always thought group therapy or something like that could be beneficial . All the same people in similar boats helping each other out and what not

5. roganx87

roganx87 New Fapstronaut

What do you expect from life coach? Why do you need it?