1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

dating apps

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by sam30, Dec 19, 2021.

1. sam30

sam30 Fapstronaut

are dating apps any good .. i find they are wasting time... time is tic,ing for me and i stilll havent found a girlfriend... Does tinder work..i been told it can spike u up sometie as some if it is not genuine??

2. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

Stay away from dating apps and nightclubs. Don't know how nightclubs are better.

No matter how you slice it, dating apps don't give you the full experience, neither does clubbing (seriously). It is another type of P. The primary thing to judge potential mates on are looks. There is more beyond looks than you can imagine.

T

3. Mazda647

Mazda647 Fapstronaut

I felt I was way too insecure on dating apps (online dating to be more "old school"). I met my fiancee at church. For most men and women I'd say ditch online dating. Build real social skills instead. Be the guy who stands out from all the online profiles by being the one who says hello at a social gathering. Think about it, just by saying hello in person you are way ahead of all the guys online. The whole reason I went online was due to being to afraid to talk to women in person. The best part pat about taking in person is looks matter less.

Kairose and Action like this.
  4. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I would endorse the other posts about avoiding dating apps.

Maybe join a course or two. At least anyone you would meet there has the same interest in that subject.
    E.g. a healthy walking/hiking or running group. A craft/art group. A musical instrument beginners course...

Action, sam30 and eagle rising like this.
  5. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Dating apps can work, it's not just looks. Also after you start talking you can find out a lot about the other person. You can be funny entertaining, interesting person to talk to.

You can create a real rapport with someone while talking online if you know what to talk, being honest and receptive about the other person.

A woman can tell if you are relaxed, desperate for sex, nervous only by how you talk online. She can tell you are different and special too.

A photo also says a lot about a person, her energy, her eyes.

Action likes this.
  6. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

@IGY Very good advice about joining groups.

@modern milarepa but, all that is still much better in person. Plus, the context is very different, which is especially the case when you consider a P/electronic addiction. The mindset and the energy changes when it is just a screen vs. when it is in person.

That perception of a women changes drastically for a P-addict.

The Passenger likes this.
  7. They work for sure, depending on which you use and how you use them. I would ignore the posts above about going to clubs and bars unless you feel like you’re already more attractive than the average man. Tinder is for pick ups and is basically based on a photo and chat. Others have a bit of depth since you can select on the profile. Pick wisely. The bottom line is you can’t get away with lying about who you are or what you look like. But if you’re honest about that then dating apps act as a massively helpful filter putting similar people in touch without the nonsense of pick up culture

Action likes this.
  8. sam30

sam30 Fapstronaut

Do you have to upgrade to membership before you can message

9. sam30

sam30 Fapstronaut

I had someone who matched me up on tinder. Just weren’t sure if she is genuine but we have exchange a few messages.. let’s see how far this will go as I am not very good on these platforms.. she probably end up dissapearing after a few message

10. sam30

sam30 Fapstronaut

how long did it ake before you started meeting her? after you exchange mesage on tinder

11. smh_fam

smh_fam Fapstronaut

Pretty much all modern dating apps have copied the Tinder model where people just see one picture of you and then swipe left or right based entirely on that.

If you're not male model material, you are not going to do very well.

WesternWolf and WildEntheology like this.
  12. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

For a guy like myself, who doesn’t have a big friend group, actually zero friends right now, or a high paying career, but who is decently attractive, and decently in shape, do you think I would have a good chance with dating profiles?

I don’t have any pets or anything to really “show off” on a dating profile. Most of my interests are philosophy/religion, eating healthy, and exercising. I don’t even really listen to music except the radio when I’m driving.

Do you have any advice for a profile for me? I’ve been on a date only once from a dating app and I’ve made them about 30 times before deleting it after a few days due to not getting any more matches or the matches I have not responding

13. sam30

sam30 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the info…appreciate it.. merry Christmas

WildEntheology likes this.
  14. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

for sure, thanks. Yea I never had any luck with dating sites, and my profile pictures were usually all just me alone somewhere haha, thanks for confirming

15. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

I met my wife on a dating site. However, i also wasted many evenings going on expensive pointless dates with women who werent nearly as interesting (nor as attractive) in person as i thought they were online. I also wasted many more hours exchanging messages with women who werent really interested in meeting up but just enjoying the online chat and flattery.

So it certainly works, sometimes, and it's a good as way as any to meet someone. But it is addictive - especially for women, so beware of the profiles that are there for months and months or registered to multiple sites etc. Decent women dont hang about longer than a few weeks, if they are serious about meeting someone.

And it is very much a technique, that you need to learn. It is almost like adding another 'base', another test that you have to pass before she will meet you for the first time. Dont be bitter about that, no point, its just the way it is and it is worth it when you meet the right person.

16. Darkest

Darkest Fapstronaut

Tinder is for hookups

17. @sam30

1. I have done a lot of online dating.
    2. Online dating is a tool.
    3. It is not good or bad it is just a tool.
    4. Problem with online dating is people.
    5. There are a lot of f*cked up people there.
    6. Low self-esteem, players, manipulators, sexually flustrated etc...
    7. Just accept the idea.
    8. If you want to win in online dating, win = get a girlfriend.

A. Project Honesty
    B. Project Strenght.
    C. Project Fun
    D. Project Status.
    E. Project Solid Ethical Codex.
    F. Get fit. Which one would you rather date? https://bit.ly/3FkLGK7
    H. Work on your issues. (I have anger issues)

9. The idea is to weed out all those crazies and get to normal ones.

18. King in the making

King in the making Fapstronaut

Tinder is awful if you don't pay them anything. Badoo will get you way more results.

19. King in the making

Let me explain you how apps make money:

Phase one: they offer their service for free to gather a huge audience;

Phase two: once they have a big consumer base that's already used to the app, they flip the switch and start charging for services that were for free or running ads and making you pay for them to stop popping.

I used Tinder right when it started and there were no purchases available. Man, that shit was crazy! Matches popping like fish in a pool. Nowadays, for you to get the same results, you'll have to spend a whole lotta cash on premium packages, because Tinder is way deep into phase two.

Other datings apps, such as Badoo and Jaumo, are still beginning into phase two, which means you will get more results because they won't restrict your visibility the way they do on Tinder.

20. King in the making

I'm glad I helped.