1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Recovering from a mental breakdown

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by King in the making, Feb 4, 2022.

1. King in the making

King in the making Fapstronaut

Sup, guys!

My mental health hasn't been well the previous months and small things can cause me big stress.

Two days ago I was trying to use an equipment for work but the touch screen of it was very difficult to use, this equipment was expensive and that started freaking me out. I live with my mother but she wasn't home, I called to tell her I was having a breakdown, as I usually do when that happens. She was going to walk home but I didn't want her to do so because it was late and the streets are not safe at that time.

Anyways, I started breathing and began to calm myself and made plans to go to a maintenance shop the next day. Took double the dosage of my sleep medication, started feeling very relaxed and slept until verly late.

Next day I went towards the maintenance shop and was praying on the way for GOD to help me so I could help others who need food and dignity. When I went to test the equipment at the store, it was back working PERFECTLY!

I think this was a test of faith, indeed GOD is preparing me to become a king, as my guardian angel had told me.

So I took a day off yesterday, did some running, went to the bakery to buy soda, sweets and snacks. Despite the stress of that day, I didn't relapse. I've been on my streak for like four days, I think (not really counting).

Today I woke up early and I'm back working knowing the MOST POWERFUL is on my side.

'You will be a king, you need to get ready', those were the words of my guardian angel.

2. Real Life Survivor

Real Life Survivor Fapstronaut

Great story thanks for sharing. Sending you support!​

King in the making likes this.
  3. Real Life Survivor

Real Life Survivor Fapstronaut

I’ve been dealing with bad panic attacks from withdrawals from camming

4. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

What you describe doesn't sound anything like a breakdown to me. It sounds more like you have anxiety. Perhaps you have a diagnosis of generalised anxiety disorder(GAD)?

5. King in the making

Yes, I have GAD and I believe I had a panic/stress attack that day.

6. King in the making

I wish you all the best in your recovery!

7. You think god fixed your IT equipment?