What are Your Favorite Shows Ever?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Hammond Egger, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Hammond Egger

Hammond Egger Fapstronaut

For me,

1. Sons of Anarchy - Boy what a criminally underrated MASTERPIECE. Insanely dark, never gets boring, awesome story and literally affects you emotionally. I've never been affected by watching a series more than watching SOA. I still have flashbacks of a few insane and disturbing scenes I saw on SOA YEARS after I watched it. SOOOO DARK and awesome. Crazy good.

2. Breaking Bad - Probably the greatest character and show development I've ever seen. The first 3 seasons were honestly a little boring... but the last 2 made up for it... and OMG what a conclusion. I would have sat through all 5 seasons again just to watch the final 2 seasons. The greatest final season to any show EVER.

3. The Blacklist - By far the greatest front man in any show I've ever seen. James Spader is just a confident, terrifying, hilarious, unshakeable alpha male all in one package. Every time he gets on the screen it's a joy to watch. Incredible performance from him in every single episode. Not the best plot, if you don't like FBI shows you won't like this one, but the acting (from Spader) is just a joy to watch.

2. Be the exception

Be the exception Fapstronaut

BEAST WARS- TRANSFORMERS. Saturday’s 6am

The Evangelist likes this.
  3. Doctor Who, although I have yet to watch the last season or so and I didn't enjoy the last one I saw. The writing has really gone to crap, which is very disappointing, and they've made some huge changes that are honestly infuriating as a fan. But up until recently, it was definitely my favorite show ever. It's so worth it to give the first season a go and get invested in the characters. I'm not really a scifi fan and I found it a little cheesy at first, but once I fell in love with the characters, I was hooked. The Doctor is probably my favorite fictional character ever written.

Then there's The Office. Steve Carell, one of my favorite actors. He's incredible as Michael Scott.

Parks and Recreation. Ben and Leslie are at the top of my list of favorite fictional couples.

Smallville. Such a good, wholesome story. They don't make em like that anymore. And Michael Rosenbaum is the greatest Lex Luthor of all time.

I used to really like Supernatural, as my avatar would suggest. But the later seasons got really offensive to me, as a Christian, so I stopped watching it and it's not really something I recommend to other people.

Chuck! Such a great show. Funny and heartfelt. About a nerdy guy who works at the fictional equivalent of Best Buy's Geek Squad, and he gets involved with the CIA after accidentally downloading a supercomputer into his brain. Chuck and his best friend Morgan are one of my favorite fictional friendships ever. I love to see a male friendship that goes deep, sharing emotional stuff and not just being surface level. You don't see that a lot on TV, and we need more of it.

The Good Place was also pretty great. Kristen Bell and Ted Danson are so hilarious. Although my favorite character on that show is probably Janet. I haven't seen that actress before, but she's so great.

And maybe The Vampire Diaries. I wouldn't have necessarily thought of that so a "favorite," but when I think about it, I have watched it several times and I really like the characters and the story, so idk why I wouldn't call it a favorite. It's up there pretty close, at least.

Mixolydian and The Evangelist like this.
  4. Have you seen The Office? James Spader is in seasons 7 and 8, and his character is so hilariously strange. A bit of a different kind of role than I usually see from him. He was great in it.

5. Oh yeah, also The Following was a fantastic show. Unfortunately it got cancelled after 3 seasons, so the ending is a bit unresolved. But man, I was so obsessed with that show when it was running. Discovered some new favorite actors for me, like Sam Underwood and James Purefoy. Oh, and Shawn Ashmore is really great too, although I knew of him before. I love the characters in that show, especially the relationship between the serial killer Joe Carroll (James Purefoy) and the FBI agent Ryan Hardy (Kevin Bacon).

Also, fun fact, the title of my journal here, "nothing changes if nothing changes," came from that show. Kevin Bacon's character is a recovering alcoholic, and someone says that to him once and I thought it was such simple brilliance. It's so true. We can't expect the future to be different if we don't make changes now and put in the work to make it happen. If you just carry on as you have, nothing will change.

6. Hammond Egger

Hammond Egger Fapstronaut

Yea, the funny thing is I hated him in that show lmao.. but the office is one of my all time favorite, I watched it 3 times haha.

7. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Inspector Morse: This is a British detective drama television series based on a series of novels by Colin Dexter. It starred John Thaw as Detective Chief Inspector Morse and Kevin Whately as Sergeant Lewis. The series comprises 33, 100 minutes episodes produced between 1987 and 2000. Dexter made uncredited cameo appearances in all but three of them. In 2018, the series was named the greatest British crime drama of all time by Radio Times’ readers.

Line of Duty: This is a British police procedural television series created by Jed Mercurio. Before switching channels from series four onwards, Line of Duty was the most popular drama series broadcast on BBC Two and is a winner of the Royal Television Society Award and Broadcasting Press Guild Award for Best Drama Series. In 2021 Line of Duty won the National Television Award for Special Recognition.

Fawlty Towers: This is a British television sitcom written by John Cleese and Connie Booth, broadcast in '75 and '79. Two series of six episodes each were made. The show was ranked first on a list of the 100 Greatest British Television Programmes drawn up by the British Film Institute in 2000 and, in 2019, it was named the greatest ever British TV sitcom by a panel of comedy experts compiled by the Radio Times.

8. InappropriateUsername

InappropriateUsername Fapstronaut

Justified Awesome show that’s a modernization of the western. Great protagonist and awesome bad guys.

The Sopranos Quite possibly the best show ever. Incredible acting, amazing writing, characters relatable and amazing exploration of human nature.

the walking Dead seasons 1-5. No need to watch past 5.

Spencer for Hire Who wouldn’t want to be a boxer/detective/military vet/former cop who can quote literature, drives a Mustang and lives in a firehouse. And your bestie is a badass enforcer who’s always got your back. More brain candy than serious television, watched it as a kid. Still want to live in a firehouse.

9. Rene75

Rene75 Fapstronaut

The Usual Suspects (!) as the Wire, Sopranos, Weeds, Breaking Bad, have watched them at least more than once.

Some less famous:
    The Americans : Sovet Spy Couple in USA played in 80's. Real eye opener about the cold war, belief systems and morals.
    Black Donnelys: Irish Mob in New York. Only 1 season. Refreshing style and love the characters.
    Romanzo Criminale: Italian Mob in 70's and 80's. Don't know why just love it.

10. Lol yeah he's not supposed to be very likeable, but he grew on me the more times I watched it

11. InformalPermit8701

InformalPermit8701 Fapstronaut

-Magnum P.I. (The original)
    -Lost
    -Scrubs
    -Monogatari

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
  12. Ooo, Lost is good. Harper's Island is great, too. Idk why, I always think of those two shows together, although they have very little in common aside from both being on an island. Lol

13. SpartanWarriorForLife

SpartanWarriorForLife Fapstronaut

Friends
    Prison Break
    Sienfeld
    Breaking Bad
    Black Mirror
    The X-Files
    The Simpsons
    Family Guy
    Monk
    Buffy The Vampire Slayer
    Angel
    Billions
    Malcom in the Middlle
    The Mintalist
    That 70's Show
    Pokemón
    The 100
    The O . A
    You
    Two and a half Men
    Full House
    The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
    3rd rock from the sun
    North Shore
    The O . C
    King of Queens
    Grounded for Life
    Quantaplets
    Do Over
    Sliders
    Hunter X Hunter
    Bey Blade
    Yu-Gi-Oh
    Animaniacs
    Loony Tunes
    Tom & Jerry
    Dragon Ball Z
    Batman
    Batman Beyond
    Superman
    Spiderman
    X-Men
    Justice League

14. SpartanWarriorForLife

SpartanWarriorForLife Fapstronaut

Charmed
    The Big Bang Theory
    Power Rangers
    Super YoYo
    Better Call Soul

15. 1. Mr. Robot- one of the best shows ever and pretty underrated in my opinion. Always at the edge of your seat and the character resolution and plot twists are pretty satisfying.
    2. Breaking Bad- almost everyone has heard of this and many people have seen it
    3. Cowboy Bebop- anime with one of the best soundtracks

16. Have you seen Psych? If you like Monk and The Mentalist, and you like funnier stuff too, you'll probably love it.

SpartanWarriorForLife likes this.
  17. BrighterFuture

BrighterFuture Fapstronaut

Mind your language,

is a pretty awesome show

18. Here's mine:
    • Psych. Great show, me and my family use it as a go-to background show or a default when there's nothing we want to watch. It's my favorite "detective" show of all time. It does have flaws, but the early seasons were the best.
    • Avatar The Last Airbender. I've yet to find a cartoon to surpass this show. It falls off a little in the third season, but the final episode is one I have rewatched the most. Fantastic show with many memorable moments and characters.
    • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. I really don't like sit-coms generally, so this one stands out to me. Seinfeld is a close second, but this one takes the cake, I always find myself laughing a lot whenever this show is on.
    • Breaking Bad. I tried it to see what all the hype was since I ignored the show for a long time. Definitely a great show for sure, although it does have one of the cringiest scenes I've ever seen in any television show. :emoji_sweat_smile:
    • The Mentalist. I heard about this one through Psych. This show made me ship the two main characters so hard, I don't think I'd ever been more excited for a romance to develop. The main story was interesting with a good, solid mystery and all the supporting characters were great. It does fall off in the very late seasons, though, but it was still good overall.
    • Cowboy Bebop. I knew about this show for so long, but never gave it a chance until a couple years ago. Now I regret waiting so long. Even people in my life who generally don't watch much anime liked it.
    • Mad Men. This show had the most realistic-feeling characters I'd ever seen. For anyone looking to see what good dialogue looks like, I recommend this show. Although I should warn that you'll probably dislike most of the characters, but you're not supposed to love them. :p
    • Rome. Such a shame this show got cancelled, I found it extremely addicting. Finished it in just a few days. I don't recommend it to those easily triggered from nudity on television, though. This show features a lot of it.
    • Star Trek: Deep Space 9. The only Star Trek show I've ever liked with a plot that's super gripping with extremely memorable characters.
    To name a few. XD

19. 1. Robot Chicken

2. South Park

3. The Blacklist