Can you sleep real quick ??

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by karlos kent, May 13, 2022.

1. karlos kent

karlos kent Fapstronaut

As the tittle explains can you sleep really fast? I will explain my case for more clarification.
    I generally wake up at 7am and sleep around 12am. I go for cycling for half an hour everyday. Since i am a student I have to study which sometimes really makes me tired at the end of the day. After a productive day I am really stressed out and I just wish to go sleep. Then at 11:45pm I pack up my work and go to bed around 12am. But after 5 mins on bed I find my eyes wide opened and my sleep seems to be vanished all of a sudden. Then for the next 1-2 hours, I am just lying on my bed doing nothing but trying to sleep really fast. This is happening for more than a week. This messes up things as I wake up late the next morning due to lack of sleep. This is really very irritating. Imagine working hard all day and wishing to have a peaceful sleep but then you find your sleep ruined all of a sudden for no reason.
    Have any of you experienced the same thing?
    I would like to hear solutions/tips/advice on the topic.

2. m9damn

m9damn Fapstronaut

Yes I experience this, I try to have a cool temperature in bedroom and take melatonin.

karlos kent likes this.
  3. karlos kent

karlos kent Fapstronaut

Thanks for the advice

4. I used to have really bad insomnia and have a super hard time falling asleep. I couldn't turn my brain off. But then I got a kindle and I read before bed, and I swear, I fall asleep in minutes most nights. Focusing on some light fiction helps my brain to stop trying to think so much about everything else going on in my life. I usually only get a few pages of reading and I'm already falling asleep. So I set my book down and then fall asleep a minute later.

Kieran2121, karlos kent and engelman like this.
  5. from2003

from2003 Fapstronaut

Bro, maybe because of potassium and magnisium deficiency , these two compound play big role in getting sleep . The best and natural source is bananas eat around 3 - 4 per day and you will see the result at that night .

And I can feel your suffering, feeling sad about u

karlos kent likes this.
  6. DarkPassenger17

DarkPassenger17 Fapstronaut

Audio books or white noise help as well. When I get that way, I try and give my brain meaningless stuff to focus on. Otherwise I end up stressing about work the following day etc. Or my mind runs wild to dark places.

karlos kent likes this.
  7. OhWhenThe

OhWhenThe Fapstronaut

I fall asleep in about 10 minutes. Nofap has been the biggest contributor to that, installing f.lux on my PC has also helped.

karlos kent likes this.
  8. karlos kent

karlos kent Fapstronaut

Thank you for the recommendation @Zack Naser @TakingTheSteps and @engelman. I will make sure to check if reading books works out for me. May be workout will help as well.
    I will try this out and will definitely find a solution to this.
    Thanks !!
    Do have any recommendation from where I can get audio books or white noise?
    Also thanks for replying.

If nofap has a positive effect on this then I hope progressing further might improve my condition. Also I just checked f.lux, seems cool. I will check it out. Thanks!

Zack Naser likes this.
  9. DarkPassenger17

DarkPassenger17 Fapstronaut

You can get free audio books at the library or you can pay for them on audible. I have a subscription to audible. As for white noise, there are apps you can get on your phone, but I use YouTube. I just let one I like play through the night

karlos kent likes this.
  10. I get to sleep quickly if I'm tired from exercise. Other times it can be hard.

karlos kent likes this.
  11. karlos kent

karlos kent Fapstronaut

Thanks for the help and tips guys. I will make sure to check them out.

Nathan4 likes this.
  12. Long Range

Long Range Fapstronaut

I can give you some advice. First of all, 7 hours of sleep is probably too much for you. I only sleep 5 hours a night and that's all I need; its not a curse, its a blessing. The secret is to get up and do something productive. I like to get up early around 4:30 am and do my investing. But you can do what even you like in the early morning, its the best time of the day.

If you have a hard time falling a sleep, put on some headphones and listen to a sleep meditation on YouTube, it will help take you mind off of what ever you are thinking about and you will start to get sleepy.

Also, of course, to fall a sleep, it helps if you got some exercise during the day and haven't consumed caffeine in the last 12 hours.

So from now on, you have full permission to get up early at 4:00 to 4:30 am, just watch this video:

karlos kent likes this.
  13. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Hmm... Well it is 03.30 here. o_O So no, I do not fall asleep real quick. My damned mental health is a bloody bugger! :(

karlos kent likes this.
  14. Coub

Coub Fapstronaut

Is it? Isn't it kinda personal thing? Back in the days I used to work in the office and was always tired for some reason. On Fridays at 10-11 PM I was literally sleeping on a chair while with friends. I was sleeping around 6-7 hours each day. A few years later(now) I'm working remotely what allows me to sleep more and I sleep 8 or even above 8 hours sometimes. And I feel blessed... there's nothing that can replace my tiredness which comes from sleeping too less, I came to that conclussion one day. I know it sucks big time because I "waste" my time but it allows me to be productive and feel so good throughout a whole day!

I think it's individual thing. Don't feel offended but you're older and the older you get the less sleep you need.

Back to the topic:
    I always fall asleep really quick. Never had issue with that unless I know there's stresful day once I wake up.

karlos kent likes this.