1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Photography

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Calm, Sep 20, 2015.

1. BBX555

BBX555 Fapstronaut

Am a amateur photographer with a Nikon DSLR. Decided this month to up skills and currently doing a Diploma in Photography with the Shaw Academy. When I improve I will post some of my shots here.

Calm likes this.
  2. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut

Ahhh a self conscious man stepping up his game, nice!

Lol you won't see me posting any photos soon hahahahahah.

I do have to say @NoBrainer those were some nice moon shots, lol dude I tried taking some on my G3 phone and the moon was so damn full and bright lol that can't be how you photograph the moon when it is full and bright am I right??

3. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut

4. TwelveFoot

TwelveFoot Fapstronaut

I'm tempted to call BS on that one. Mainly because it's taken from a kayak. I'd think that the camera would be moving too much to get this clarity out of a long exposure. And even in dark places you'd need a long exposure. Of course I am basing this off of my entry level Nikon DSLR, could be a super expensive camera with a crazy big aperture and light sensor (whatever you call that bit).

Aaaannyyways... These are mine

I invented a trick for this. On a tripod, with about a four second exposure, two seconds zoomed out, then zoom in and let it expose the rest.
    [​IMG]

This one's two spliced together... You can barely see the seam if you know to look.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    Calm likes this.
  5. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut

http://astrophoto.com/Sugarpine.htm

A Mosaic of nightime and daylight images.
    Nightime:
    5 frames from Likely Place, CA with Canon 5D 20mm lens
    Daylight:
    1 frame from Sugar Pine Reservoir, CA Canon 5 D 20mm lens

That is apparently a 'mosaic' lol, so it is altered yes.

6. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

Of course you can photograph the moon while it's full, however I've found that you need pretty fast shutter speeds, faster than you'd expect. I've found upwards of 1/2000th of a second works (depends on what aperture and ISO you're using). Your phone's shutter probably won't go that fast, hence your shots end up blurred right? It's interesting, as you wouldn't expect the moon to be that bright, compared to photographing things during the day for example. :confused: Although it also depends on how the camera's metering system works.

Calm likes this.
  7. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

Good point. Most photos are post processed these days (using photoshop etc). The kayak could easily have been inserted afterwards. Is that what it means by a mosaic?

Calm likes this.
  8. TwelveFoot

TwelveFoot Fapstronaut

Yes. 5 shots taken at night (from a tripod) merged together to get enough light.
    1 shot taken during the day, in the kayak.

NoBrainer and Calm like this.
  9. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut

Inflatable kayak that is.

I love kayaking, gots to get back into it this spring fo sho, I have 2 sweet kayaks that saw no action this year, and by next spring my photgraphy hobby will be well underway, expect awesome kayaking action shots in about 6 months if yall are still around!

NoBrainer likes this.