People Respond Weird When You're Long Term Retaining

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Rev2.0, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

I'm in my 19th month and at least 7 out of every 10 guys I interact with won't look me in the eye. Most recently a guy at the gym half my age walked in, locked eyes with me and immediately looked down and away. This dude looked like a total Chad who probably bangs a different chick every night but he couldn't deal with me. Kind of funny. When I'm working out, nobody comes within 15 feet of me (and yes I shower and wear clean clothes). I had to go over to get something where two high school age girls were, said "excuse me" and they literally jumped backwards about 6 feet to give me room.

As for women, there hasn't been any surge of attention that so many swear happens. I'm sure that's my age (though I was guessed 10 yrs younger than I actually am a couple weeks ago) and/or the wedding ring. Women with bad energy (which I pick up on instantly now) especially want nothing to do with me so that's all working like it's supposed to. With ones I do choose to talk to it's an instant hand to the hair for a tuck behind the ear and almost always some other nervous behavior.

It also seems like people in their teens / 20s get really nervous around me when they're helping me in a store. They'll drop something or give me the wrong change or forget to give me change or just kind of zone out. Considering they are our future that's a little disconcerting. Younger kids though seem to seek me out and want my attention.

It's been a strange but fascinating and overall positive journey I'm excited to continue and I wish I would have started years ago. I do think the benefits in terms of pulling women have been overstated -- attitude, looks, height, money and status still win the prize -- but I would certainly advise any men who are struggling in that area to take the challenge and see what happens for them.

2. It doesn't seem like you are doing anything wrong what so ever, it seems like insecurities that are probably having. I feel as if you are over thinking or catastrophizing these event's. For me it's about the same in my world, none the less younger girls seem to have no interest in me what so ever especially when I'm retaining, but oddly I can joke around and talk to older woman no problem. I can pick out the hostile Woman which I stay away from as well. You can honestly just feel it or it show's by what they wear or look like. Out of all of my experience's I would say that I'm not their type especially. But that's no reason to avoid interacting to you or me. To me brother you are not the nervous or the one that is being awkward form you're statements. Even so this younger generation is hiding behind their phones 24/7.

Congratulate your self!

Rev2.0 likes this.
  3. Thebagelinthemiddle

Thebagelinthemiddle Fapstronaut

Your energy is overwhelming them and they are responding incoherently to it.It happens to me often. I'm 500+ days in and when I walk into work, I look people dead in their eye on purpose and I can feel their begin to retreat some because of it. They know something is up, they can feel it but they can't explain it. They will try to bait you in to their level of understanding (energy level). I just let them talk and conserve "my" energy, let them burn off theirs, and wait for a moment. They need to get whatever it is out of their system. Once they have, then I respond

4. A Conqueror

A Conqueror Fapstronaut

19 months of retention is impressive. I want to know more about your practices, do you do anything with the energy at all, like work out, meditation, etc? Perhaps you invest it in your work, whats your purpose

5. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

Thank you. To make a very long back story short, I am 56 and have been married 23 years. My wife and I have not had sex for about the past 6 years due to a number of medical issues on her side (she is currently Stage 4 cancer). Up until January 2021 I had been meeting my "needs" myself (and yes with P involved) and finally I had just had enough and decided I wasn't going to release again until it was with a woman.

My "routine" is prayer and scripture reading every morning, then a YouTube video or two about SR, reclaiming my masculinity (a big challenge when my primary relation to my wife at this point is in the feminine role of caregiver), or other self betterment topic. Then to the gym 3 days a week and on mornings not in the gym either sprint intervals at the high school track, or yoga and stretching. My gym workouts are a combination of calisthenics and heavy compound weightlifting. By the time I get to work I have therefore invested into my spirit, soul, body and mind. The first half hour of the morning is by far the toughest for me as far as urges, hence why I pray and read scripture then.

PMO has been a part of my life since I was in my early teens so I have a lot of damage yet to undo but God has been honoring my commitment and giving me the strength for each day as it comes.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
  6. A Conqueror

A Conqueror Fapstronaut

Damn, that's really harsh man. Certainly it is difficult, but you are making it day by day. The momentum you have gathered is massive, most of people in this route will never even reach it. And that is sad. I like your routine, I wish you success and resilience not only for your own things but regarding the health of your wife. Be strong pal, you will thank yourself

Kieran2121 likes this.
  7. Warrior4Freedom

Warrior4Freedom Fapstronaut

This has been true for me as well. In fact, their weird reactions have caused me to question my adamant persistence with SR, because not only does it make them uncomfortable, SR also makes me uncomfortable. As I described in my journal (in the 30-39 forum), I'm trying to incorporate more vulnerability/humanity into my streak. I'm just not sure if it is healthy for me to be denying my humanity for the sake of this Buddhahood I seem to have personified. If it felt good, I'd keep on doing it, but I do feel very insecure inside, and I think I need to build on this with the wisdom I gained from my streak and spirituality. I'm currently nearing 5 months free.

Your streak, sir, is amazing. I think I can relate to you on what you said about younger girls (for me, in their 20's) not being attracted to you, but I suppose for me there is a lot more respect, and they are prone to meet me on my level of interacting and maturity. Should I choose to think highly of myself (lol), I think I can at least ask one of them out, as I know they're capable of a degree of maturity. If they say no, I'll chalk it up to them being prejudiced against my age. I know, had I known and acted in my 20's as I know and do now, I'd have more experience with girls. It's ok, though. I'll slowly mourn the "loss" of my younger years.

All the above being said, I don't wish - in this experimentation and building of my humanity - to fall victim to PMO again, or needlessly spilling my seed. I hope I remain strong.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

8. Cygnus567

Cygnus567 New Fapstronaut

Dude I am having similar reactions. Do you constantly have people thinking you’re angry when you’re actually in a good mood? Everyone apologizes to me left and right for stuff that isn’t even a big deal. Also people stare at me for no reason and then look like they about sh*t themselves when I say hi to them

Warrior4Freedom likes this.
  9. SuperSaiyan99

SuperSaiyan99 Fapstronaut

Hey man i wish a speedy recovery for your wife