The downfall of social media

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by TheLoneWolf88, Jul 11, 2023.

1. TheLoneWolf88

TheLoneWolf88 Fapstronaut

I read an online article about the decline of social media and I would like your input to what you think.

I've only ever been on Facebook and Reddit, but not anymore. Honestly, I'm kinda glad people are moving away from social media. The communities of Facebook and Reddit drove me insane, and at one point, I actually felt my mind snap in two. Everyone's posts about newlyweds and new parents made me want to throw up.

At least I can come away with saying I'm not on social media anymore

rheinpfalz likes this.
  2. This is great!

To be honest, I hate social media so much that I went ahead and blocked all of it on my computer, using my local host file and an app called Freedom. I don't use that trash, even though most people I know still do.

I just came to hate the drama, the endless memes, the attention-seeking, the women posting seductive photos of themselves (even at the gym), the livestreams that last for hours, the internet-cliques (although some could accuse Nofap of that)... It was anything but social after some time. Not to mention the algorithms became more and more invasive, increasing censorship at every turn.

Nowadays, I prefer forums, just like back in the 90s. Everyone goes off to their own little corner and they discuss topics that interest them, or focus on a specific niche. After that, you don't cross paths with other people.

3. berylliumwages

berylliumwages Fapstronaut

Will it not die with the baby boomers? In my experience, they're the ones glued to it.